Monday, November 06, 2006

46 days and counting...

Yes, I counted down the days. I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I can't say that I'm quite ready for another baby yet either. Crazy how that works. This weekend we got a lot of work done in the nursery/guest room. It's coming together, and that makes me even more exctied about meeting Cora. I got her baby book this weekend and there are 2 pages in there that say, "A Few Things about your Mommy," and "A Few Things about your Daddy." My mom goes, "There needs to be a page that says, A Few Things about Your Sister." I thought that was hilarious. If only we could warn Cora what she is about to get into.

I'm definitely uncomfortable. I still have contractions everyday. Mostly when I am up walking around alot. My legs freak out and move uncontrollably at night, or when I am in the car. Poor James has been involuntarily kicked on numerous occasions. I have carpel tunnel in my wrists. That makes my fingers go numb quite often. If I eat any more ice, I'm sure my teeth will fall out. But I just can't stop eating it!

However, I LOVE feeling her move around. I love it when she gets the hiccups, or when she pokes out so much I can literally pinch her arm or her foot. I love watching Kaitlyn's face when she feels or sees her move. I love that every time James talks to her or tries to feel her move she kicks him. I love being so blessed that God has given me another miracle to carry around and soon give life to. I'm honored that he chose me as her Mommy.

Here are a few pictures that my friend Hannah took of Kaitlyn and I this weekend.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Leslie- I cannot believe the end of this pregnancy is so near... that is incredibly exciting. I love these pics of Kaitlyn and you- SO SWEET and definite framers. Keep chewing that ice, put your feet up, take a break from typing when you can, and try to rest!

hejlyeah said...

Those pics are SO awesome. Kaitlyn is so photogenic. I love the belly pic! Relax girl - you were made to be the best mommy ever.

Anonymous said...

so sweet. love it.

kelly speck, what happened to your blog?

MereMoore said...

kaitlyn is absolutely beautiful!!! what a sweet entry!!! i'm so happy for you!