Monday, June 16, 2008

Sea World!

We got back Sunday afternoon from a fun, family weekend trip to Sea World in San Antonio. We left baby Claire with my parents and just took Kaitlyn and Cora. We had a blast! This was our first time to go and the kids loved it. We were there during two very hot days, but the girls did great. I'll just let the pictures tell the story. By the way, I'm pretty sure this is the most pictures I've ever posted in a blog.

James and Kaitlyn checking in. They upgraded us to season passes! James was super excited. Next time we have $700 in gas money though, we'll let ya know.


Happy Birthday!


Cora loved the huge foam pit she had all to herself. She visited this spot on more than one occasion.

Ready to start a fun day!


The first show we went to was the water ski show. Kaitlyn really liked this girl the best. She was so excited to have her picture made with her at the end. She also made it very clear that she wanted NO boy skiers in the picture. Check, and check.

One of the first rides.


The Beluga whale show...




Feeding the dolphins. This was probably her favorite thing while we were there.

My favorite thing was watching their faces as they watched the shows.




Oops.. this one got out of order. More dolphins...

This was called the Atlantis. She couldn't wait to ride it, and ended it up riding it 4 times. She would ride anything that she was tall enough too. The girl still has no fear. She and James were riding it here... (at the very top about to go down)


Big Splash!

All Smiles...


Getting a hair wrap thing. They just took a few strands of hair and wrapped colorful yarn around it. She's very proud of it and can't wait to have it in Neil and Brittany's wedding. We made it VERY clear that would not be happening.


Shamu show! Confession: I totally cried my eyes out watching this. Anything put to music gets me every time. It really was cool, but again - the coolest thing is watching Kaitlyn's face see something like this for the first time.


Friday night we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Nothing like eating fish after looking at them all day!

Kaitlyn tried crab for the first time and seemed to like it.


Cora wasn't too sure about the crab, but REALLY liked the margaritas.



They also had very different views of the Sea Lion show.





But, both enjoyed the water park!


Fun in the hotel room!

Cora loves her Shamu - or "moo" as she calls it.


Feeding the Sea Lions was also fun! Cora wasn't too sure of the loud noises they make though.


Saturday night we went to the Riverwalk for dinner. We were going to eat at The Rainforest Cafe, but there was a 3 hour wait. No thank you.

But, we did walk around to watch other people eat and we just took pictures!



3 of my favorites..


Kaitlyn getting a quick history lesson at the Alamo...



Happy Fathers Day James! Thank you continental breakfast for making breakfast in bed for James really easy!

The sleeping (or not so much sleeping) quarters for the girls. We did not get much rest while we were there. But Kaitlyn had a blast making her couch down into a bed each night!

Yes, Cora still drinks milk from a bottle. I'm still not ready to fight that battle.

Worn out from a fun weekend!



We sure were excited to see this precious face on Sunday! Thanks Mamaw and Pappy for taking such great care of her!


10 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I have been wanting to take our kids there. Looks like yall had a good time. When I was in middle school I wanted to be a whale trainor when I grew up. (after a trip to sea world:))

The Speck family said...

What awesome pics~ we love you Mayos! All three girls are growing up so fast......unreal.

Hayley said...

My twins have that same outfit that Claire is wearing in the last picture. They would be such good buds in their matching clothes!!

Katie said...

This post made me miss y'all so much!! I am so excited that they got to see all the fun stuff at Sea World! LOVED the sunburned-ness of everyone, so precious. Great memories made I'm sure.

Please hug the girls and show them my picture so they don't forget me, haha! love you friend!

Hollie Reese said...

How fun! No worries...Brooks still gets his bottle at night! Looks like you had a good time! you are such a good mommy!

Youth Leaders said...

We are planning on taking the kids to the one in CA. in Aug. and I can't wait to see the look on their faces.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had fun in big SA. Sea World was my favorite place when we lived there. I have your two cousins in camp this week, they are sweet girls. I hope they have had fun. Hope to see you sometime in big Midland.

Jennifer K said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! What great family time.

The Potts Family said...

I love Sea World and can't wait until Braelyn is old enough to go.

The Patterson Family said...

So fun! I was just telling Jack that I want to take the boys to Sea World! I guess they're still a little young but it looks like fun!!