Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I just have to brag...

I have the greatest husband ever. He went above and beyond this year... and although I have no pictures - here is what I got to do on Monday - my 29th birthday.

8:45AM - I left the house for a hair appointment that he made for me. Yay!

10:15 - My friend Holly shows up at the hair salon. I just thought it was a coincidence that I saw here there. Nope! She shows up with a card from James saying to have fun shopping with Holly -but to be warned! At 11:45 my phone would ring and I just needed to do what they said and not ask questions (unless I needed directions).

10:15-11:45 - Had a blast shopping at Kohls and Target - two of my favorite places. I was SO EXCITED to find a pair of black satin shoes for the wedding this weekend on sale for $4.49!!!

11:45 - My phone rings and my great friend Ann calls to say that James has set up lunch plans with her and two other girlfriends that I usually have lunch with on Mondays. Fun! So, we go have lunch at one of our favorite's - Little Panda. There, I receive another card from James saying my next appointment is at 2:00.. then gives me an address. So, I had time to enjoy a leisurely lunch with 3 of my favorite girls.

2:00 - I show up at some lady named Shirley's house - no clue who she was or what I was doing there. Turns out James had set up an HOUR AND A HALF massage with her. This lady was very highly recommended to me a long time ago and I had told James about her. I guess he just filed that away in that smart brain of his. So, I enjoyed the best massage I have ever had, BY FAR. I seriously don't think it was safe for me to be driving after that.

3:30 - I was told to just go home and relax for awhile. James had taken the girls over to a friends house to play so that I could just enjoy a bath and a book for an hour or so. This was awesome!

5:00 - The girls came home and I felt so rejuvenated - I enjoyed playing with them for a little while before James said it was time to go to dinner!

6:30 - Arrive at my favorite place - Olive Garden. We were being led to what I thought was our table when I hear a very loud "Surprise!" There were about 20 of my friends already there! James had set this up - so he and the girls left to go to Gatti's and I enjoyed a night of fun and laughter with pretty much all of my favorite people.

8:30ish - I got to enjoy the remainder of the night at Lindsay's house watching the Bachelorette finale (Jesse, WHAT?).

It was one of my favorite birthday's ever - and one I won't ever forget. He put so much thought into it and planned it so far in advance!

Thanks, James for such a wonderful day!

BTW...my little brother is getting married this weekend!! YIKES!!!!!!

12 comments:

Nicole said...

OH.MY.WORD!! I am so gonna "happen" to leave the computer on your blog page for when Glen gets on! That sounds like an AMAZING day. While I am SO super happy you had a great day, I'm just an insy bit jealous, I have to admit. Happy 29th! I can't wait to see what he does for your 30th! :)

Kelli said...

Wow, that is amazing! Your husband is so thoughtful, I am really impressed that he did all of that! What a great guy!

Kat said...

Good job, James! I can't wait to see the girls in their flower dresses this weekend...they'll be so cute.

Mary Beth said...

WOW! Husbands everywhere are wanting to kick his tail right about now! Happy b-day!

The Speck family said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! What an amazing day you had, and what a rock'in husband he is~ way to go James! Can't wait to see pics from your brother's wedding. Hugs and love to the Mayos.

Cortni said...

Oh my goodness!! What a great hubby...and a great day! I hope you had a WONDERFUL 29th! Sounds like an awesome day!!

Love you friend!!!

Wendy said...

Seriously, James needs to give a seminar or something on how to do a birthday right!

Felicia said...

WOW! This just adds another reason to why I miss Abilene...so James can rub off on Clayton some. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day and fun memory!

Gretchen said...

Wow, I nearly cried that was such a great birthday gift. Just thinking about how much you deserve to be treated special and knowing your loving husband didn't just think about it, he did something about it...well, it warms my heart and makes me happy. Not as happy as if it would have been me getting that massage...but...lol.

Ashley said...

So great! Good job James. That is so incredible and impressive.

Happy late birthday

The Potts Family said...

How sweet! I think I'm going to email this post to Jay....considering my birthday is here in two weeks. I told Jay I wanted a 90 minute massage, take-out dinner, and then to come home, drug myself with two benadryl and not be bothered until the morning.
Isn't is funny how birthday plans change once you have kids? I just want uninterrupted drug induced sleep!
Glad you had a good birthday.
We have one more year until the big "30". Geez.

Candy said...

He's amazing! Does he realize he's set himself up for total failure on your 30th! No way he can top this but I will stay tuned to see if he does!