Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Summer days.....

Our summer was busiest at the beginning. Now, we have just been hanging out - enjoying the last few weeks before school starts. We have gone to the pool (more than a few times), gone on early morning walks, enjoyed Tuesdays night kids night at Chick Fil A, visited the Jump Around a few times, played games, watched Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 3D concert about 37 times, ran through the sprinkler, washed the cars outside... just a whole lotta nothin' really! We did travel to Dallas this past weekend to see James's family. I took Kaitlyn to see Kit Kitterege (sp?). It was really cute, but I wasn't prepared to answer a lot of the questions she asked when the movie was over. It was all about the Depression... But we both enjoyed it! We also spent time in the pool, at a water park in Allen, playing fun games at Nana's, and walking around Stonebriar Mall.

We haven't had a camera for awhile (thank you Cora), but we were finally able to get one last week. So now, for your viewing enjoyment, our update in pictures....


I wasn't aware that I had a 13 year old, but I guess I was wrong...

Ms. Cora LOVES to talk on the phone. She just jabbers away. Anytime she sees me on the phone she says, "Hewwo? Hewwo? Hewwo?" Over, and over, and over again until I give in and hand her the phone.

Claire's new trick! She still doesn't last long sitting up, but we're getting there. She just loves to be on her tummy. Anytime she is on the floor, that's how she wants to be. She is VERY close to crawling. I'm not quite ready for that yet.

I just love her blue eyes. Mr. Mayo must be all worn out...
Sweet girl. Her hair is still looking a little red!

Just in case you were wondering what the longest tongue ever looks like..


This doesn't even look like Claire to me, but I thought it was the cutest smile!
I'm beginning to think they will look a lot alike when they get a little bit older..

Kaitlyn had to ride the carousel at the mall. The last picture I took of her on this was when she was about 2....

Kaitlyn found one of James's books from when he was little. It was actually called "Jamie's Quiet Book." Awww....

Cora and Nana (or Nannie as she calls her) stringing some blocks...




We had fun at Grandpa and Grandmere's pool! Kaitlyn loves for James to throw her up in the air so she can do flips!

Funny hair! I used to love doing my hair like this in the pool when I was little. Or every time I get in the pool actually...


Kaitlyn perfecting her dive...

Cora loves the water!

Cora also loves bath time. Pretty much anything with water makes her happy.

Baby Claire. Already 7 months old!!!
Peek-A-Boo!

Claire's new favorite thing. She especially loves it when her sisters either spin her around in it, or push it like a swing. Parent supervision ALWAYS required....

Cora's new favorite thing. She is still my girly girl. She loves pushing her babies around in the stroller. And she still always has to have some sort of a necklace on.

That's all for now! I'll write later about what each girl is into these days........

10 comments:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I'm pretty sure that I have the exact same quiet book as James. We'll have to compare.

Amy said...

That picture of Kaitlyn with the laptop is scary!! I can't believe how much Cora and Claire look alike. Precious dolls!!

Anonymous said...

that waa a GOOD update. thank you.

Ashley said...

ALL such cute and precious pictures of your sweet girls and family.

I saw your dad on the news interviewed several times this week. I bet he is very annoyed with that neighbor who works(now worked) in our district! :)

The Speck family said...

I LOVE these pics~ all three are such beautiful girls in their unique ways. We are having fun here in TN and I hope you have a BLAST when you come up here soon....Mere can't wait. Hugs to you all! Love, KJS

hejlyeah said...

Such cute pics of the girls! They ARE starting to all look like each other to me. Cute!

Katie said...

oh.my.word. i miss your girls!!!! and you of course! hope you're doing well...I need to come visit!

Martha said...

It;s looks like you are in a groove juggling three! Way to go!!! We are en route back home but I will send you that email very soon about coupons so you can start saving. We were in your area camping in Buffalo Gap and I thought of you. I wish I could have hugged your neck and seen your beautiful family in person! Maybe someday. Blessings friend! M

Leah said...

How fun! It has been a joy to teach Kaitlyn in class. She is such a wiz! Today she read "God is Love."

Lindsay said...

Such a beautiful family. I haven't read blogs in a month and just caught up on James' surprise party for you. Wow! So thoughtful! Happy Belated B-day and I hope all is well. I am hoping to get to Abilene soon. Give you a ring when I make it out there.