Monday, January 12, 2009

My last First Birthday party...


SIGH. I can't believe Claire is one already! Let me just say that Kaitlyn's first birthday party was really huge (lots of friends came, money spent, etc.), Cora's was kind of middle of the line..just a few friends; but Claire's was just us and my mom and dad with a cake home made by her proud big sister, Kaitlyn. But I loved every minute of it.

Here is how much she has changed since last January 11th. Man, time just flies by way too fast.


JANUARY

FEBRUARY


MARCH


APRIL


MAY


JUNE

JULY


AUGUST


SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER


NOVEMBER

DECEMBER
JANUARY..."I'M ONE!!"


Happy Birthday sweet girl. You are so very special and have our hearts completely. I love to watch you grow and learn new things. I love seeing your big smile and scrunched up nose in the mornings when you wake up. I love how much you love your sisters and already try to do everything that they are doing. I love watching you walk around with your cute little legs and arms up in the air. I love that you can whistle. I love when you talk to us. I love when you get upset and you scream like a high pitched sounding dinosaur. I (sometimes) love that you are a night owl and use that special time to hang out with mommy and daddy one on one. I love that you might have red hair! I LOVE that God blessed us with you - surprise or not, you are a joy to me and make our family complete. I love you sweet Claire Elizabeth!

6 comments:

GPaty said...

Sweet Leslie,
Your little Claire is so precious! She is dear to my heart because a) we have a Claire and b)she is so close to our Meredith is age. Mere's birthday is coming up on Wednesday. Also, I chuckled because we are having the exact same scenario...first kid's first birthday, we sold our kidney to have the party and I think all of SW came over. Second kid...same as the first, maybe a little smaller. Mere's birthday...grandparents and us. And I am SO HAPPY about it...does that mean we are getting older and wiser as mommies? I hope so. Blessings to you and your precious family as you soak up another year of joy with your family.
love,
ginger

Lauri Anne said...

I just found your blog!!! yay Im so excited!

Shanta said...

Happy Birthday baby! As for the "last" comment... never say never. :)

hollyfouts said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! I always enjoy those low key parties the most.

And I agree with Shanta....never say never. God does have a sense of humor about comments like those, you know. I always worry that I will wake up to find a baby on my doorstep or something if I proclaim too loudly that I will absolutely, positively never have another one. I currently know 2 people who are pregnant after "permenant" surgeries. I'm just saying.....

Love seeing your girls.

The Speck family said...

Happy birthday to that sweet baby girl~ she is a beauty and I'm sure the doll of the house. Love to you guys!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Claire! I can't believe that she is already one!