Thursday, September 28, 2006

26 (almost 27) Weeks

I know I've already been through this whole pregnancy thing once, but I still find it so fascinating to read about what goes on each week in utero. Call me crazy. So, courtesy of verybestbaby.com, here is what Cora is up to at the ripe young age of 26 weeks:

As Baby grows, space is getting tighter inside the womb. Baby now measures about 12.8 inches tall and probably weighs almost two pounds. Most of this weight is bone and tissue, because she still doesn't have much body fat. In fact, the main development of body fat doesn't really occur until late in the third trimester. Between now and week 29, your baby will have a growth spurt and gain another pound. (Thanks, because I haven't gained enough already)

Lots of other developments occur this week:
Baby is beginning to blink and open her eyes.
Eyelashes are beginning to grow.
Hair is continuing to grow on BabyƂ’s head.
To support her growing body, Baby's spine is getting stronger and more flexible.
Although she hasn't put on much fat, Baby is beginning to look a little plumper.


So exciting!

I had to go renew my gym membership today. I pay for it through my paycheck each month, which is nice - but it means I have to participate in this Abundant Life program. It's a cool program, but each year you have to get your body fat percent checked. Nothing like doing that when you are 6 months prego. I will not release the number for fear that all of you would fall out of your chairs, but let's just say I'll be ready to hit the gym come January. As for now, you can find me laying on the couch eating popcorn and watching good Thursday night TV. Not anywhere close to thetreadmilll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! At the beginning of my pregnancy I tried to be good about going for walks and exercising, but now I don't want to do any of it. I feel much better just sitting on the couch watching TV at night. By the way, Colin and I are going to have a little girl too! We are very excited!

We will have to stop by and see you guys the next time we venture to your town. It has been so long since we have seen you and we miss you guys! I am glad that I get to keep up with you and your family through your blog.

hejlyeah said...

I'm so flippin' sure about the weight thing. You're skinny as heck.

Man, it's coming up! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I know you are beautiful! Enjoy the last few months, Cora will be here before you know it!