Monday, September 25, 2006

Update

Okay - I either need to blog as much as I used to, or quit all together b/c this blogging every 10-15 days stuff is ridiculous. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

Let's see... what is going on with the Mayos...... nothing too much out of the ordinary! Here is a list - it's easier for me to think in terms of lists:

1. Kaitlyn got to enjoy the fair when it came to town. She rode this really huge ride that's like the Conquistador at Six Flags. She loved it. My eyes were closed the entire time. I just kept praying that James was holding her tight and that she wouldn't fly off. I enjoyed the roasted corn w/ lots of butter.

2. I spent all weekend working around the house. My mom even came down to help me clean out and organize my house. Yes. I could not do it alone. We got all of Kaitlyn's old clothes and toys out, hung curtains on her windows, and hung curtains to serve as her closet doors - since she doesn't have any closet doors.

3. I had an emotional break-down when I saw that my washing machine was dirty. You read that right. I opened the door to put a load in, noticed that the inside of the door was dirty, and starting crying. It was everything I could do to not become hysterical. Hi. I'm pregnant. Nice to meet you. Thank goodness my mom was here - she cleaned out my entire laundry area, cleaned off the top of the refrigerator, swept and mopped the floor, wiped off my kitchen cabinets, did the laundry..... I don't know if she was just being nice - or if she thought that if I saw one more thing that needed to be cleaned I would check myself into a mental hospital.

4. We got Kaitlyn's hair cut. I want it to grow out all one length, so we needed to cut a couple of inches off the back. It looks really cute. It sits right above her shoulders, and looks much healthier.

5. My TV shows are back! The Office was pretty funny - the gay stuff went a little far, but funny none-the-less. I loved Grey's too. McVet - don't you dare make me like you. I also watched 6 degrees. I think I'll stick with it for awhile. Anything by JJ Abrams has to be good, right?

6. Kaitlyn felt Cora move for the first time yesterday. She thought it was the neatest thing ever. I thought it was too.

7. We got to go on a "team building" retreat for work last week. We went to Ft. Worth to play paintball. Well, I didn't get to play - but me and the other prego in the office got to get pedicures! And then we all went to eat at PF Changs! It was SO GOOD. Good to get away from the office for awhile. Much needed I think.

8. I made my first Ebay purchase! We won the bidding for Cora's crib bedding. It's so pretty and I'm so excited to get it!

9. I have like 20 contractions a day. Is that normal? Just wondering... I may need to call the doctor about that. I never had these Braxton Hicks things with Kaitlyn, but I'm pretty sure that's what they are. Just a little concerned at the frequency of them.

10. Kaitlyn is the star student at school this week. We brought pictures, and her teacher makes a poster for her... I just love my sweet girl. There is nothing better than her hugs, smile, laughter, cartwheels, handstands, kisses, stories, prayers.... nothing better than being a mom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I am going to stick with 6 Degrees for a while too. They got me pretty interested in Mae's story. Watch out for Ebay because it is seriously addicting! I think I had quite a few contractions while pregnant, but I was stupid and didn't know what they were until I felt them during labor. I guess ignorance was bliss. I am sure everything is going great with little Cora!

courtney said...

I vote that you blog as much as you used to!!

hejlyeah said...

I'm not sure about Six Degrees, but I did watch Brothers and Sisters - wasn't too bad.

I had tons of BH contractions with Cooper. Like, my tummy would just get really hard for a few seconds, and then go away. Nothing painful. But, about 10 a day or so. More at night.

eBay is my best friend. Just bought the Elmo cake pan for Cooper's birthday, some shoes for him, and more. You'll get addicted! What's your nursery theme?

Anonymous said...

so, have you decided to go with natural drug free childbirth like you PROMISED me you would????

Kristen OQ said...

Glad to get a Mayo update! Ebay is a love of mine (I just blogged about a article I read where a 3 year old did a buy it now purchase of a $17k car on his mom's computer). I am glad too that TV shows are back...I admit, I am a Mcvet fan for Meredith.

btw, have I told you that I really like the name Cora? I had a little girl in my Sunshine School class that was named that and she was a sweetie.

Unknown said...

Hey girl- so good to get a Mayo family update. I am so glad you got a pedicure and meal at PF Changs on ACU....how many weeks do you have left til Cora arrives? I'd love to see your bedding puchase on Ebay!

Amy said...

I had strong Braxton Hicks many times a day everyday for the last two months with Charlie. Annoying.