Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...and a few other things!

** This blog just took me an hour and half to post, so if you read it you better leave a comment! :)
This past weekend, my mother-in-law was nice enough to let us use their lakehouse for the weekend. I invited a few of my girl friends and we hit the road! We had so much fun laying out, swimming, trying to fish (unsuccessful), playing truth or truth, eating WAY too much, staying up late, talking into all hours of the night, taking silly pictures, did I say eating too much? We had such a good time. It was really refreshing to get away for a couple of days to relax and have fun. I did miss James and the girls and was VERY ready to see them on Sunday night! James took the girls to Dallas to see his parents for the weekend. I was so proud of him, and thankful that he was willing to take Kaitlyn and Cora on by himself. I'm pretty sure they had a blast with Nana, Papaw, Aunt Jenny and Grandmere. Kaitlyn even swam across the pool with just a little help from a "noodle!" Cora even learned a new trick where she shakes her head "no" really fast. It's hilarious.


James with his sister Jennifer and Cora.


Nana and Kaitlyn


Yay for girls weekend!



We thought it was pretty funny that Sonic was spelled wrong on it's own sign.


Me and Kat


Yes, we are playing Guess Who.


Gotta love the self timer on the camera.




Monday night was Kaitlyn's school program. She did so good! I wish I could a little bit of the video on here. As you can imagine, she was pretty funny to watch. I still can't believe she is about to be four.







Kaitlyn's sweet teacher, Ms. Keri


Just a picture that I like!



Maybe the gecko wasn't such a great idea. This morning she got one out to hold and she held it up to her cheek so it could "give her a kiss." It gave her some teeth marks instead.






13 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

How fun! I am jealous of a weekend away!! Your hair looks so good in that picture!

Cortni said...

Oh gracious...what an aggressive gecko. Sweet Kaitlyn didn't deserve that.

Your weekend away looks so refreshing and relaxing...both of which you deserve! I am so jealous!

And...I just had a similar blogging experience. I just typed a freakin' long post, and Internet Explorer decided to go into the "not responding" mode. I had to re-do the whole stinking thing. The things we do for blogs...

Are you up for a summer rendevous?

Kat said...

I love Kaitlyn's poor face in the last shot...priceless. Can we be friends forever, please?

Kara said...

your girls weekend looked like a blast! i am glad you got a chance to 'get away' and have fun.

i laughed out loud at the teeth marks on kaitlyn's face. sounds like your gecko needs some personal space.

Wendy said...

Alright, Leslie, when do the girls from our class get to go out and have a girls weekend at your in-laws lakehouse? :)

I don't think I really even realized geckos had teeth.

Unknown said...

I knew the geckos would bring stories.....I am just so sorry Kaitlyn got bitten by it! I love that one pic of her striking a pose- she is a total cutie. You are always so adventurous and I applaud you for getting away, and James for tending to the 2 girlies- what a blessing to have such awesome family like you guys do.

Anonymous said...

Leslie-
I thought you looked extra tan when I saw you on Monday night. Sounds like a great girl weekend getaway! Loved the picture of Kaitlyn's cheek. I can't picture a gecko having tiny teeth, I'll have to check that out next time I'm there!
Summer
P.S. I'm posting as anonymous because blogger is rejecting me today.

Julie said...

keep that picture of the gecko bite forever...priceless!

I want to get away with you sometime!!!

We need to talk soon and catch up!

Jenni said...

Too cute! I just love the pictures of your family. I had a blast this week as well! Have a great weekend!

summer said...

I used to think geckos were kinda cute...now, I think they're freaky. You and your girls, however, still very much in the cute category.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

such a sweet picture of the girls. Glad you were able to have a fun girls's weekend. And I have to agree with Hollie, your hair looks great in the pics

susan

Sarah said...

The girls trip sounds like a blast! Also what a funny story about the gecko - i'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. Good to see y'all last night.

Felicia said...

I'm so glad you spent the time to write that blog. It's filled with great stories and pictures! I always seem to spend all my "blog" time reading people's blog and not updating my own. It was so good to see you and your family this weekend. Cora is adorable and Kaitlyn never fails to make me smile. What a character!