Wednesday, May 30, 2007

There's just not a lot to say...

Confession: I am losing all interest in blogging! I've got to get back in the swing of things. I've been doing this for almost 2 years - crazy! I just really don't think there is much that is "blog worthy" lately.

The past couple of weeks Cora has not been feeling too great. There were a few days in there where she literally cried about 6-7 hours a day. I wish I was exaggerating. She had an ear infection and was getting a tooth at the same time. Not a good combination I guess. Kaitlyn never had any trouble with getting her teeth, so I wasn't sure what to do! Cora still cries for about 5-10 minutes right before we feed her. She acts like she wants NOTHING to do with her bottle and then she will finally give up and eat it. She loves yogurt though. Our doctor said we could definitely substitute that for a bottle anytime. So, that has helped some. She is still so much fun. She loves her new Bumbo seat that my awesome friend Sara sent her! She still only rolls from her back from her tummy. Then she gets mad that she's on her tummy. But the second I turn her over, she rolls over again. Silly girl. She is starting to say more consonant sounds like "ga" and "da-da" and "na." She is an endless faucet of drool. Just like Kaitlyn was.

Kaitlyn is still her same energetic, hilarious self. This morning when I was brushing my teeth she picked up the toothpaste and said, "Mommy, do you know what this is?" I said, "Yep, it's my toothpaste." She said, "No mom. It's Kool-aid Total" I guess she meant Colgate Total. She probably saw a commercial for it. The funny thing - it was Crest toothpaste.

She is also very dramatic. One of her favorite phrases is "For the rest of my life." For example, I will say, "Kaitlyn, stop banging your guitar against your basketball goal or you're not going to get to play with it." To which she will reply, "For the rest of my life?!?!" Or, "Kaitlyn, you need to eat the rest of your dinner or you won't get a treat." She will say, "I won't ever have a treat again for the rest of my life?!"

There are many more stories I'm sure that I could post about her, I'm just pretty much blank right now. She keeps us laughing though.

We enjoyed a nice, long weekend in Lubbock over Memorial Day. I got to take 2 naps and go to bed early both nights! It was great. We also had a few of the neighborhood kids over for a water balloon toss/fight and a watermelon seed spitting contest. Kaitlyn was not shy at all when it came to knocking on doors and inviting people over that she didn't even know. It was pretty fun! Mom and I couldn't fill up the balloons fast enough. She also had fun going to "work" with Pappy in his great big truck. "Work" included going to pick out new flowers for the backyard, buying some awesome blue sunglasses, and getting an ice cream at McDonalds.

This week we are just trying to get back in the swing of things. Getting caught up on laundry, unpacking, cleaning the house... all that fun stuff.

Oh- one story or "Emergency" as Kaitlyn calls it. About a week ago, we had a bird fly into our house. A nasty, fat, dirty, gray bird just flew in when I opened the front door. I about flipped out. Cora was screaming, Kaitlyn wanted to pick it up and keep it, and James wasn't home to help me figure out what to do. So, I just shut all the interior doors and called my friend Kat to come to the rescue. Her awesome mom was visiting for the weekend, and she came over with gloves on her hands ready to get down to business. She just chased that bird around until she caught it and then put it outside. I could have NEVER done that by myself. Thanks Sherry!!!!

Hopefully more pictures of the girls to come. I haven't taken any in awhile, but I'll try to get caught up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is random, but thought I'd tell you that you and your friends did a great job of cleaning the lake house before you left!! Way better than the guys...
Also the guys never leave us a sweet note - just beer!

Katie said...

aww, look at June loving us! does that mean we can go every year? okay, great!

Poor baby Cora--I hope she's better now, and hope you post some pics soon so I can see how she is growing over the summer!

I love that you put Sherri's picture up! She'll be so proud!

Love and miss you a bunch!!!

Amy said...

I'm sad we missed y'all this weekend! I'd have definitely been up for the water balloon fight. The bird story is HILARIOUS!! See--that's extremely blog worthy!

Amanda said...

I laughed about the whole "rest of my life" drama. Aidyn's thing is to say "not ever, ever again?" when told she can't have something or needs to stop doing something. It must be a 3-year-old thing:)

Anonymous said...

Leslie -

Thanks for posting that goofy picture of me! Glad I could help you with that bird. I enjoyed meeting you and your precious girls! I had fun spending time with them (and you too!). You have all been on my heart. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Love, Sherri