Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This and That.....

So, this is my first week as a full time stay at home mom of 2. (Not including my maternity leave). The days seem so long, but I've been getting so much done. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep the house straight and the laundry caught up, but as for today I feel pretty good.

Last week I was lucky enough to get to help teach a group of 4th and 5th graders at Learning to Lead camp at ACU. It was a last minute decision, but one that I am glad I made. It was very exhausting. I was there from 8:00-12:30 and then back again from 7:00 - 9:30pm. Kaitlyn and Cora went as well in the mornings. They were in the "pre-camper" group. Kaitlyn had an absolute blast, and Cora seemed to enjoy it as well. And, I got to teach with my friend Kat who is just a real blessing - so it was awesome to get to spend the week with her.



Well, we own a minivan. Yikes. I never thought that I would say this, but I LOVE it. It's not brand new, and it's not even a brand that I was familiar with, but it is the most convenient thing ever with kids. And it's not even that bad looking - in fact I really like it. Kaitlyn loves standing up and walking back to her seat. It's hilarious. James fits in it pretty well - it has adjustable brake and gas pedals, so he can kind of stretch his legs out when he drives. The best thing about it - no payments! My uncle buys cars at auction, so he got us a really good deal.



We also bought new mattresses a couple of weeks ago. Man, I didn't know what I was missing out on. I think I now know what a good night's sleep really means.

Our small group got together for a swimming party on Sunday. The kids had a BLAST. These are my favorite pictures of the evening. This is our good friend Jason taking his 2 girls and Kaitlyn down the slide. Awesome. Kaitlyn also did a complete front flip off of the diving board. I'm really sad that I missed that photo opp. She was pretty proud of herself. I'm still wondering when we will make our first trip to the ER.....







Cora is seven months old. So hard to believe. She and Kaitlyn crack me up on a daily basis. I love these girls.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i am obsessed w/ the girls' pictures! could they be cuter?!! I so can't wait to see you and catch up!! love and miss you!

Amy said...

A minivan that's black with a roof rack can't be all that bad. The adjustable pedals rock! And no payments?! Awesome. Give us a call next time y'all are in town. I need to squeeze chubby little Cora and talk life with Kaitlyn.

Mary Beth said...

It was nice to finally meet you! You will love the minivan! By the way, who designed your page?

Carolyn said...

I think minivans are great! They are so comfortable, especially for long trips. I'm actually looking forward to when we will get one someday. I love Cora and Kaitlyn's expressions--they are so adorable!

Julie said...

What a cutie! And you drive a minivan...love that!

When is a good time for Amy and I to come visit you prego girls out there?

How much longer til you know the sex?

Felicia said...

I'm so glad to see a new update! I can't tell you how jealous I am that you got to lead a Learning to Lead group this summer. Clayton and I LOVE camps...and we should since that is how we met! Even though we had our summer off from work, I just wasn't quite ready to take that adventure with Camille and the whole breasfeeding schedules. We do look forward to introducing her to the wonderful world of ACU Leadership Camps next summer though. And, I love that picture of Cora that shows off those pearly whites!