Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Long Time No Blog.

I wish I had some great excuse as to why I have not posted in awhile, but there's just not. Chalk this one straight up to laziness. Lots has happened though, so I'll try to re-cap. First of all, James has kindly reminded me that I have said I would blog about Cora twice and still have not. Second child already getting the shaft. Can't imagine how deprived #3 will be.

Cora is just the sweetest, most cuddly baby ever. She is very laid back. If you are holding her, you can guarantee she will be touching your face, giving you kisses, laying her head on your shoulder, etc. She is finally sitting up on her own, but she still prefers to just lay down and roll wherever she wants to go. At her 6 month check up she weighed 20.2 pounds and was 30 inches long. Still in the 99th percentile! She and Kaitlyn absolutely love each other. Kaitlyn was in Lubbock with my parents this past weekend, and we could sense a definite mood change in Cora. She just didn't smile as much, seemed a little more fussy. As soon as Kaitlyn was back, she was back to her giggly, cheerful self. Kaitlyn can make her laugh harder than anyone so far. It's so sweet to watch them together. Some other things Cora enjoys are playing with her feet, clicking her tongue, listening to anyone sing Old MacDonald had a Farm, Baby Einstein videos, her soft Lamb, any kind of baby food, her exersaucer and her swing, and splashing in the water. When she started getting her teeth she was NOT interested in her paci anymore. Most of me is glad that she doesn't want it or need it, but there is a part of me - for example, during church or in the car, that wishes I could plug it right in. I love having two girls and just feel so incredibly blessed.



Okay, what else has been going on.....

I celebrated my 28th birthday on Saturday! James took me to a nice dinner and we rented three movies. We haven't rented a movie in forever! We watched Little Miss Sunshine and Freedom Writers. I thought both were pretty good. We are getting new mattresses for our bed, so that's my big present from James, but Cora picked out some awesome perfume for me and Kaitlyn got me a new hair dryer. Both of which, I love. My parents bought me the best sheets ever for our new bed. They are called Pure Beech. They are the softest things I have ever felt. I can't wait to sleep on them! Also, a few of my girlfriends took me out to a great lunch and to get a pedicure. So, I had a very good day!



We had a really fun Fourth of July. We started the day with a neighborhood parade. This was a parade that anyone could be in. All of the neighborhood kids just decorate their bikes and ride them, there are some old fashioned cars and a firetruck or two. Very small, but a parade none-the-less and Kaitlyn thought it was awesome. For lunch we celebrated Cora's future husbands First Birthday party. After late naps, we headed to the park to watch the fireworks which turned out to be much better than last year. It was a fun day!




Two weekends ago we traveled to Dallas to see James' family. His step-dad was having surgery so we went to be with them and see grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, and cousins. We are thankful that his surgery seemed to be a success - he has a good prognosis. Kaitlyn enjoyed seeing her cousins that she doesn't see too much, and it's always a treat to see James' grandparents that live in Mississippi. This was their first time to meet Cora too, so that was neat.





This is my last week of work at Big Brothers Big Sisters. I know, I didn't stay too long - but I think staying home is just the best thing for our growing family. I really love my job and the few hours a week that I get to get out and do something. However that time of day (4:00-8:00pm) is just a hard time to be away. Kaitlyn misses eating dinner all together and I do too! I am looking forward to teaching at Young Children's World two days a week beginning in August.

We sold my Honda Civic. Poor, poor Silvia. I was so sad to sell her! I have been so many places in that car! The most memorable road trip ever was when I went with Cortni all the way to Virginia. That car took me back and forth to Dallas every weekend when James and I were dating. I first got Silvia the summer before my Sophomore year in college. She really was the greatest car ever. But, with three kids we are probably going to need something a little bigger. So as soon as we sell my Papa's car we will be headed toward the land of the mini van. (Insert comment here).

14 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Mayos...a mini van? I don't believe it! I would love to have those remote-controlled sliding doors though.

Mary Beth said...

I SWORE I would NEVER drive a minivan, but I absolutely LOVE our Nissan Quest. I highly recommend it. Oh by the way, I am Mary Beth and I know James from work. It was nice to meet ya!

courtney said...

I am SO JEALOUS that you are getting a minivan...yeah, I know it, I'm so not cool. We just got a new car a couple of weeks ago and I really wanted to get a minivan, but we didn't. (Jeff drives a ton and it made more sense to get him something with better gas mileage.) I agree with Mary Beth--check out the Nissan Quests.

Cora is just the cutest thing ever. I can see that she looks so much like Kaitlyn--does Cora look like Kaitlyn to you?? You should post comparitive baby pics.

Hollie Reese said...

Yeah mini van! I am telling you, it is the way to go! They are so easy!!!! We have the Odyssey and love it!

Happy Birthday!

hollyfouts said...

Love the update....except the last paragraph. A mini van mom at just 28??? I have heard great things from people who drive and love them, but .....

Glad to hear your girls are doing well. When will you find out the sex of #3?

Julie said...

Accept the mini-van situi and you will feel better.

Poor Sylvia, many a good times were had in that car.

If you aren't working anymore then you can come see me more often!!!

Cortni said...

1. Cora is so so sweet! I just want to squeeze her! Yall make some cute cute kids! I can't wait to see #3!!

2. Happy birthday! I'm glad you got some quality time with James and friends! Where do I sign up!?!

3. Poor Sylvia. She was such a good car. She took good care of us on that long Virginia drive! BUT...minivans are cool now! I love the automatic doors, and some have EXCELLENT storage in the back! Adam and I looked at some when I was pregnant with Braden, but we didn't need anything that big yet. Give us a couple of years and we'll join you!

Becky Martin said...

I'm in the process of selling my Civic right now. It is sad because of all the college and young adult memories that it has. Good luck with a mini van - just put spinners on it and it will look much cooler!

Kelli said...

Girl, if anyone can make a minivan look cool, it's the Mayos. Your girls are so cute!

Shanta said...

Hey girl- let me know when you're in town with some free, non-family obligated time. We'd love to hang. As for the minivan, I remember Spruce got one right after college- it was his dream car.

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like you guys have been having fun and the girlies are just adorable- Cora looks like THE happy baby. I know you will find this hard to believe, but Trav's "dream" car is a Toyota Sienna minivan, so he is looking forward to the day when we "get" to purchase that....Lord help us. I hope you are feeling god!

Unknown said...

Last word above should be GOOD, not god.....

hejlyeah said...

No more SYLVIA?!!?! What about when Matt B. rear ended you in the ATM line? What about when we hit the curb turning aroundon Judge Ely? What about the orange barrell episode? Man, memories.

Can't wait to see the mini van. Love it.

Katie said...

Wellll, I wish I was one of the girlfriends taking you to lunch for your birthday!!! I can't wait till we're all back together again...SO excited about your new sheets and hairdryer! What perfume did Cora get you??
Miss you a ton and hope we get to chat soon! love you!