Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Getting closer to Christmas!!

We traveled to Lubbock this past weekend to visit my parents and do a few fun "holiday" things. We got in Friday night and Kaitlyn could not wait to help Pappy build a fire outside. This is one of her favorite things to do with them in the fall/winter months. This time we even roasted marshmallows, which she loved.




On Saturday my mom had set up a massage for me at my favorite place. It was SO great to be able to lay on my stomach! It was wonderful and just what I needed! We did some shopping on Saturday afternoon, and then we took Kaitlyn to see Enchanted. She really enjoyed this movie. She got a little scared when the mean witch turned into an old woman, but it didn't seem to bother her for too long. I thought she would remember the fun songs, the pretty dresses, the princess stuff - but the only line that she keeps repeating is: "Man, I've got to lay off those nuts." Some squirrel or chipmunk says this and she thought it was the funniest thing in the world. She says it ALL THE TIME.


Saturday night we braved the freezing cold weather and went to a fun Winter Wonderland that an awesome neighborhood puts on. We didn't stay for long, but we got a few fun pictures, Kaitlyn got to see Santa, and we took a little carriage ride. I don't think I've ever been that cold in my life - but it was a fun memory to make!











Sunday was great. Church, a yummy home cooked meal, an AWESOME Cowboys game on TV, and making a gingerbread house with Kaitlyn. It actually turned out to just be a huge gingerbread cookie because we weren't prepared for how long it would take to get the house to stand on it's own. So, we gave up and just let Kaitlyn decorate the different pieces. She still had fun and that's what matters!


It was a great, relaxing weekend!




Side note: Cora is walking! She wants to go really fast, so she still loses her balance quite a bit, but we are way excited! I've been trying to post a video of her up here, but it's not cooperating. We are celebrating her 1st birthday this weekend - crazy!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

YAY for finally posting! I'm obsessed with the video of Cora walking! And your kids in general... love!

Ashley said...

Fun times in L town! I am so jealous of the massage. Where do you like to go?

Kat said...

I can't believe she is walking!!! I can't wait to see that at her party!

Jennifer K said...

I am sorry we didn't get to see you at church! I can't belive that Cora is walking and that she is one. You have the cutest kids!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Cora is so precious! I'm so sad that we didn't get to see the girl Mayos. I mean, James is great, but I would've loved to have seen you!

Kara said...

i am glad she's walking before Clair comes. that will help out to only have to carry one baby!

hejlyeah said...

That is SO cute! She is getting so big - I can't believe she's already ONE.

Truitt Ross said...

OH my word! I can't believe how big your girls have gotten. I wish you lived down the street so I could come by and hug them and you. Merry Christmas! - Kayci

Nicole said...

I want to know where in Lubbock that neighborhood is. That looks SO fun. I love the line about the nuts. Too funny. Yeah for Cora!!

Sarah said...

Great memories in the making! I can't believe Cora is walking! How fun! Hope your Christmas and New Years was blessed!