Wednesday, January 02, 2008

You must be really bored if you read this entire thing.

Wow. Way too long in between posts. I have no idea where to even start. Since I last posted, we have celebrated Cora's first birthday, traveled some, had Christmas, taken down everything Christmas, celebrated New Years, had doctors appointments, re organized my whole entire house, and I'm sure lots of other fun things.
My "baby" is ONE!! Her actual birthday was on December 21st, but we celebrated it the weekend before. My cousin graduated from ACU and some of our family was in town, so we just decided to have a small family/a few friends party. She had just woken up from a nap when the party was getting started, so she was a little shy. She did NOT like wearing the party hats. She cried huge tears whenever we would put one on her. She loved her little toys that she got. She wasn't too sure about the cake. She didn't want to touch it with her hands, she would just lean over and take bites out of it. It was pretty cute. Here are some of the things my sweet Cora is doing at one year:

* Her vocabulary consists of mommy, daddy, sissy, Pappy (my dad), baby, diaper (biper), pat-pat (she does this to my fat tummy and to her baby dolls), night-night (ni-ni), no-no, bye-bye, yay (she yells this when Kaitlyn is driving her around in her Jeep), more (mo), and please (pees). She talks all the time - just in her own little language. But she is rarely quiet!

* She LOVES baby dolls. Kaitlyn never really had an interest in the, but Cora has quite a few! She loves to hold them and rock them and give them kisses.

* She loves Kaitlyn and anything Kaitlyn does. It is the sweetest thing to see them together.

* She is a very picky eater. She loves her bottle. She won't eat anything chunky. Or green. She doesn't like milk. We have been making her bottles half water and formula and half milk and she hasn't noticed a difference. But, she won't drink milk out of a sippy cup. She will drink juice or water out of a cup though. Any suggestions on how to break her from her bottle are greatly appreciated.

* She loves to kiss everyone and everything.

* She is beginning to show a little bit of a temper when things are taken away from her, or if she is being redirected from somewhere she shouldn't be. She either screams really loud, or she gives you the saddest face ever, covers her mouth with her hands, lays down on the floor and cries.

* She loves bath time. And splashing. Lots of splashing.

There are many more things, but this post is going to be very long as it is. So, here are a few pictures of our precious Cora James:






Christmastime!!! We traveled to the Metroplex the weekend before Christmas to celebrate with James' side of the family, and some of my extended family in Ft. Worth. We had a wonderful time and drove home with a van full of goodies. We are so blessed with such an awesome family. I am notoriously bad at taking pictures at Christmas for some reason. But, here are a couple from that weekend:









We were back in our own house again this year for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Last year I had just had Cora and this year we were just a couple of weeks away from having Claire. Crazy. My parents and brother drove in and spent the holiday here, which was so nice. I think we are beginning to like waking up on Christmas in our own house. It will probably become our tradition. Kaitlyn got a new bike from Santa, and Cora got a little "sit and learn" chair that, believe it or not, she is completely obsessed with. This year Kaitlyn decided to leave Santa a cookie and she threw a piece of cheese out on the front porch for the reindeer. How thoughtful. I'm sure they loved that.





New Years!!! James and I actually got to go out on a date on New Years Eve. Thanks again Mom and Dad! We went out to a nice dinner and then to see Juno. I thought it was a great movie. Then we just drove around for awhile and stopped by our good friends David and Amanda's house. We thought for a second about ringing in the New Year with them and Ann and Derran, but being the completely miserable 9 month pregnant wife that I am - we were home by 9:30. I was the only one up at mid-night - and not by choice. I am just SO ready for this baby to be here.
So, that leads us to the arrival of Ms. Claire Elizabeth. She is now due to make her appearance NEXT FRIDAY!! January 11th. There is an end in sight. My doctor seems to think it could even be before then, so we will wait and see! I am so anxious to meet our third baby girl. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Mom and I finished getting the nursery re-organized with another crib, more closet storage, and a little re-arranging of furniture. I am a little overwhelmed and nervous to say the least. If you think about it, send up a prayer for us as we begin life with a 41/2 year old, a newly one year old and a baby!
Annnd..... if you are one of the 2 people still reading this, leave me a quick comment and I'll email you a surprise!
Happy New Year!

35 comments:

annalee said...

hi there,
1) we went to a nice dinner and juno for new year's too
2) our babies are going to have very close birthdays! i am now on bedrest and scheduled to be induced jan. 9th (if not before)
3) i can definitely identify with your uncomfortableness... i hope you are feeling better soon!
4) i think it is so fun you are about to have 3 girls
5) hang in there

Felicia said...

Cute birthday cake! Cora is definitely talking a lot more than Camille is. Your girls definitely have plenty of the verbal gene in them! I can't believe Kaitlyn is big enough for a "big" bike! You're going to be a great mom of three...good luck!

Anonymous said...

I read 'til the end! What a fun Christmas!! I can't believe that your due date is already here. Looking forward to seeing your Claire pics soon!

Kat said...

I can't wait to meet baby Claire. Let's hang out before she's here though. Deal?

Katie said...

sounds like you're all ready for claire! glad to hear y'all had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

I rarely comment on people's blogs, but I love a surprise! We saw Juno on New Years Eve Eve, and loved it!

Kristen OQ said...

Read the whole thing! Can't believe you are so close to being a family of 5! I can't wait to hear all about the arrival of sweet Claire.

Thinking of you guys...

Anonymous said...

wait i thought the name was chandler?? what happened? i love claire too. i hope blair and claire will be great friends!!!
trish

Maddie said...

You have the cuttest kids!!!

Carolyn said...

I read all the way through--sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! I can't wait to see pictures of Claire. Happy New Year!

jackie said...

I can't believe you are so close to having clair! How exciting. I know that Luke will miss you in class. Can't wait to hear the news!

jackie said...

sorry I meant Claire. :)

Anonymous said...

i think you forgot that cora also says na-na.. for her favorite cousin of course.

you know my email address

lhall said...

i read every single word...sucka! look how many surprises you have to email out! :)

Katie said...

yay for an update! hope you are feeling okay...i can't wait to hold little Claire! I'll be back in Abilene tonight, call me if y'all need anything! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We'll be having number three (our first girl) sometime near the end of March... our oldest will have just turned 4 in Feb. I'll be checking your blog a lot more often for the wonderful encouragement and advice! Best wishes... Allison (Blackburn) Goforth

Erica said...

You definitely have all of our prayers going up for your precious family! I am so excited about the arrival of sweet Claire. You and James are such great parents that I am sure having three girls will be a snap. Happy Birthday to Cora!!

Hannah said...

Cora is so pretty! I can't believe she is already 1! And you are almost done being pregnant forever. I can't wait to see what Claire looks like!

Wendy said...

Wow, the surprise email seems to be a good way to draw out some comments! :) I'm excited that Claire is almost here!

Kara said...

i can't believe claire is almost here!

hejlyeah said...

Man, you are so stinkin' popular with this blog thing! I CAN'T believe you're about to have your third. They are all going to be such good friends. Can you imagine looking at pictures of the three of them together when they're all teenagers? It gives me chills to think about it. I miss you girl. Call me!

Kelli said...

hey girl,

Your girls are so very precious, I love hearing stories of their cuteness when I talk with Katie. I am really excited about your third one, I am sure she will be completely beautiful and precious!

hollyfouts said...

I can't believe Claire is coming so soon. I can't wait to see her and hear all about your family of 5!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I can't believe 9 months has already gone by! GEEZZ I love the name Claire SO stinking much! I read the whole thing!

Julie said...

SEND ME A SURPRISE!!!

I want to get called as soon as that baby girl gets here!

love you!!!

Amy said...

Good grief--I'm comment #26! I'm so pumped to meet Claire! I'm so excited for y'all. Cora is precious and Kaitlyn is such a great big sis.

Becky Martin said...

I'll be thinking of you next week, good luck hanging in there until then! I always love the pictures, I have one of me with a bow on just like Cora when I was about her age!

Amanda said...

I can't believe Cora is 1 and Claire is almost here! Time flies so quickly. Your girls are adorable. Life with three can be crazy at times, but it really is so fun (even in the midst of craziness) and sometimes laughing when you really just want to lay on the floor and throw a fit (not that I ever want to lay on the floor and throw a fit) really does improve your outlook:) About the milk thing with Cora - with Aidyn we finally just went cold turkey and took the bottle away (though she may have even been 14 or 15 months by that time) and she went on a milk strike for about a week before she slowly started taking it from a sippy cup - though she never loved it again like she did from the bottle. Happy New Year to you and I can't wait to see pictures of Claire!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of Cora! Kelly and I totally laughed at her strangely looking at her cake. Hopefully she will grow out of this phase because cake is one of life's pleasures!

love you love you love you
Mere

Sarah said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas and New Years! I can't believe that Claire will be here next week. How exciting! I can't wait to meet her!

Candace J Banks said...

what's the surprise!!! i hope it's belly pics!
love,
candace

Sara said...

I can't wait to hear that Claire is here. We still have Cora's birth announcment up on the fridge at our house and I think of you everytime I see it. Hope you enjoy this week!

Shanta said...

Happy 33rd comment! We've been missing your blog updates. I'm glad the holidays were merry and bright. We are thinking of you as you count down the days! Best of luck!!!

what do I win?

summer said...

You sure know how to get comments! Can't wait to meet Claire!

swatterson said...

i want a surprise!