Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

I am super late in posting this blog! We had a great time celebrating my Mom's 50th birthday last weekend in Lubbock. My dad went all out and planned a really fun party for her. He invited all of our family and their closest friends to a dinner out in their backyard. He hired a chef (a family friend) to cook and cater the meal, and it was wonderful! The weather was perfect, the company was a blast, and it was so great to get to celebrate the greatest mom/Mamaw ever.

Mom and Dad


The fabulous chef and his wife.. and Kaitlyn


A great group of friends and family..


Kaitlyn has been obsessed with climbing trees lately. My dad built her a little platform to stand on and rails to hang onto. He even had breakfast up there with her! She LOVES her new little place to hang out.


Testing the remote control boat out on the pond...


Grandmama (my grandmother) Cora and Claire...


The newlyweds!



In case you were wondering how a snail reproduces...


It just lays a bunch of eggs and keeps on moving!




Happy Birthday Mom! We all love you very much and had a blast celebrating with you!!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Aww when i was little my papa made me a little platform in the tree in his backyard and then he turned it into a tree house. its probably my favorite memory from when i was little