Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A few fun things.....

At Gatti Land last week, I totally played Dance Dance Revolution, or as we call it in the office - DDR. It was pretty intense. I won't lie. I was sweating when I was done. My good friend Lindsay and I started out shaky, but eventually ended up even making it to the next stage! We were pretty proud.

I went to see Step Up. That's right. I'm not ashamed. I love any dance movie. And this one was GREAT! The dance scenes were awesome, and the acting wasn't too bad. Man. I wish I could dance. But, just ask my mama. That's never gonna happen.

The Office won best Comedy!! I was so excited! Pam/Jenna the receptionist is my friend on Myspace. Yes, I have a myspace. She even posted a comment! I feel like we are BFF. I can't wait for the new season to start.

ACU is back in session. The "hill" is alive! All the kids are back, cars driving way too fast down our street, longer lines at Rosas, the chapel bell rings, my student workers are back with fabulous summer stories... it's a much more exciting place around here!

The past couple of days Kaitlyn has been talking to me more in Spanish than she does in English. What is that all about? She has Spanish time every morning at school. Mix that with a few episodes of Dora a week, and you have my bi-lingual child. Well, maybe not quite bi-lingual...

9 comments:

Candy said...

The girls in huddle will love that you played Dance Dance Revolution - you must tell them! Max has really been wanting to see "Step Up". I love that this guy wants to see that movie.

courtney said...

I would have PAID to see you and Linds on DDR!! The visual in my mind, though, is just as funny!

Can you do DDR when you're pg? :)

Pam is my BFF!

Shanta said...

I too have learned to love DDR. Makes me feel very cool, and young, and choreographed. uh!

I can't believe you are buds with Pam. I am jealous. You are the coolest Mayo.

Anonymous said...

I just went to go see Step Up last Thursday. Loved it! I was so inspired that when I went home I changed the station on my radio to Mix 106 instead of the Christian station I always listen to. I'm sure all the cars that passed by were laughing at my dancing.

Anonymous said...

Estoy muy contenta que Kaitlyn esta aprendiendo Espanol!

Unknown said...

#1- Amazing that you are BFF with Pam.

#2- Amazing that your child is bi-lingual at the age of 3.

#3- Amazing that you can DDR 5 months pregnant!

Moral of the story: Leslie is amazing!

hejlyeah said...

I love Pam.

Go on girl with yo pg self.

Alyssa said...

I love Pam- The Office is the best show... I can't wait for the 21st.

I like DDR... but what I really like is seeing Clint dance on DDR. He is really pretty good, but I laugh so hard i cry so I miss the whole thing!

Ashley said...

How long are you in town?

Let's hang out!