Saturday, March 24, 2007

What you do in Abilene on a Friday night....

You have your very own Miss USA pagent!! That's right. Miss USA was on TV and my friend Kat had the greatest idea ever to throw a party and all wear formal dresses. We had our own Miss Photogenic and Miss Congeniality contest, and even had a talent competition (which I won by the way). It was absolutely hilarious. And while I couldn't wait to get out of my dress, we had a blast. I felt like I was in college again. That happens quite a bit around here and I love it. Here is one of the pictures from last night: (Yes, we even made our own sashes out of toilet paper)






9 comments:

Kat said...

Leslie...
I think you should put up the video of your special talent. It's incredible! I showed Clint and he couldn't believe it was really you!

Anonymous said...

i kind of feel like i'm out of bff club :-(
doi,i know i'm not. but i missed y'all!! i need to see the video! love you!

Kate said...

That is so hilarious! That's one thing I love about Abilene...coming up with creative things to do for entertainment!

Unknown said...

Love it- you guys rock in the creativity category! I am going to have to remember that idea for future girls nights......I'm sure Kaitlyn loved seeing her mommy all dressed up!

Becky Martin said...

I've always wanted to have a party where you get to dress up in formals (for a pagent or an awards show on TV). I love the sashes! Congrats on winning the talent portion.

Jessica said...

Hi Leslie,
I am a friend of Sara Watterson's and have been reading your blog for a while. I wanted to comment on this particular entry because just last week, as I was packing my house for a move, I drug out not only my wedding dress but my old prom dresses! I tried them all on, traipsed around the house, embarrassed my husband, and had the best time! Sometimes its fun to dress up and feel fancy...I got a kick out of your party. Maybe we'll try it here...
You have a great blog, and GORGEOUS children!

Katie said...

that's outstanding! I hope you each got to wear a tiara too! The crown would definitely be the best part of miss usa!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know what you did for the talent section????

Sarah said...

How fun and so creative!