Friday, March 30, 2007

I can't sleep... so here's a long post! You're welcome.

James has been begging me for a week to update my blog. I guess he is just as sick as I am of looking at that awesome "Miss USA" picture. So.. here are some things we have been up to lately:

...... Last Saturday we went to a Sacred Marriage seminar by Gary Thomas. We both really enjoyed it. It was great to just know "Okay.. we're okay." He said a lot of good things that spured on some great conversations between me and James. Many of our couple friends went as well, and it was neat to just look around at so many people who are in the same stage of life and have the same struggles as we do.

..... I'm still really enjoying my job at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Kaitlyn and Cora really love their sweet babysitter too. She only has to come for an hour each day - until James gets off work. But Kaitlyn always tells me about the fun games Rebecca plays with her, or cool ways that she can fix her hair. And more times than once I have come home to the greatest side walk art ever. I'm thankful that it was so easy for me to find someone that I completely trust with my girls.

..... James is coaching his last season with the Butterflies soccer team. He has really enjoyed doing this, and I know those sweet girls just love him. I appreciate his loyalty to something like this. But, Kaitlyn will start playing this Fall, and James wants to be able to devote himself fully to her. I can't wait to start watching her play sports. She's pretty athletic and has plenty of energy!

..... I did a spin class at the gym yesterday for the first time in like a year. To say that my butt hurts is a HUGE understatement.

...... Yesterday was a fun treat! My friend Ann Reese and I drove to Ft. Worth for the day to visit our friend Julie and Ann's sister Amy. We had such a blast! It was great to just step out of the normal daily routine and do something different. I laughed so much, it was great.

..... We are having our first garage sale ever this weekend. We aren't actually having our own, we are just adding some of our stuff to some friends garage sale. I had no idea how much stuff we had that we don't need. My theory is, if it's been in the storage shed for 2 years and we haven't missed it, it's gone. Hopefully we'll make some extra spending money for our little trip next weekend. My parents are coming down to watch the girls while James and I go to opening day of the Rangers. We're excited to just have a night away!

..... Cora is just as sweet as ever, and Kaitlyn is so fun to watch as a big Sister. I am so incredibly proud of how she has been around her. She has not shown one ounce of jealousy. She wants to be with her all of the time, does NOT like it when she sleeps, has a hard time leaving her when she goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, says the sweetest prayers for her, and is such a big helper! I know that they will grow up and have arguments, but I pray every day that they will grow up to be really close friends.

..... A couple of weekends ago, we got to go to Ft. Worth to spend some time with my Dad's side of the family. My aunt was in Texas from Washington State, and they went and picked up my Papa from the assisted living facility that he is currently in. We all hung out at my uncles house. I remember as a little girl laughing so hard at my Papa. And I don't see my aunt Vicki very much at all, but she too can make me laugh so hard. We had a really great time. Since we don't see them to much, it's easy to forget how much fun I have when I am around them. I would really love to make more time for that side of my family.


..... The girls that I used to work with in Admissions at ACU decided to play intramural volleyball. You can play intramurals if you are on staff. We just entered in the rec league and thought it would be fun to make fun of ourselves for a couple of weeks. Who knew we would end up winning the championship?!?!?!!? We were so excited! Unfortunately, I was only able to play one of the games - which happened to be the championship. I'll take that! Kaitlyn was a huge supporter. She helped my cousin coach, and even made signs to hold up during games.

Here are a few pictures from the past few days:









I played in the last game and didn't have the same t-shirt as everyone else. Yes, my shirt says "Mom's on the Move." Don't judge me.

Cora after a bath. I just love her bright blue eyes and her smile so much!


Where Kaitlyn hid when she got tired of helping me price things for the garage sale. She wasn't too happy that I found her.

"Do I have something on my head?" If Cora is awake, this is what she is doing. She sucks on her hands constantly. It's also really loud when she does it. One time Kaitlyn goes, "Mom, can you please tell Cora to stop sucking herself? I can't hear the TV." Awesome.



My little poser. She is NOT laying on her stomach while doing this. Just standing straight up with her chin in her hands. Cheese.

The girls with my Grandmama. I am so thankful that they are able to grow up knowing their Great-Grandmother.



My awesome Papa. His hats are classic. He was so excited to meet Cora - and I was pretty excited for her to meet him as well. I promise I don't normally pull Cora's pants up so high.




My dad's sister - Aunt Vicki. It was so great to get to see her. Her nickname for me is Hamburger Bone. I have no idea where she got it, but I think it's the coolest nick name ever.








11 comments:

Amy said...

Great post! Cora is SO chubby and I love the picture of Kaitlyn in the box. That's exactly what I want to do when prepping for garage sales! I will also be calling you Hamburger Bone from now on!

Kat said...

I couldn't sleep last night either...remind me to tell you later what I ended up doing instead! I love your girls, and I'm so glad you got to play one game with us! Good luck with the hair rollers.

hollyfouts said...

I love to read your posts with the little sarcastic side comments. I feel like I can actually hear your voice and tone when I read your blog, and it has been FOREVER since I actually talked to you! Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

that was a great update...i'm so sad i missed the champ game! oh well at least i get a shirt still!! umm let's hang out soon b/c i miss you. a walk sometime? love!

Hannah said...

I LOVE the picture of Kaitlyn in the box! That is too funny.

MereMoore said...

LOVE all the pics! glad you got some good time with your hubby and with your family. ps-TOTALLY want to have a Miss USA pagent party!! maybe our next bunko!

Sarah said...

Congrats on winning the championship! How FUN! I miss playing volleyball. Love the pictures - especially Kaitlyn in the box!

Unknown said...

Love the Mrs. Mayo commentary and pics- you are so good at documenting your life!!! You guys have so much fun stuff going on and the girlies are just adorable- the box picture just cracks me up. I am jealous about your fun Ft. Worth trip and I love that your volleyball team won the championship- you are totally the intramural queen. Have a great Easter weekend!

Ashley said...

I can just see you and Ann on a road trip. Hilarious! What fun! I love reading about all the Abilene happenings. You are such a good mom, Leslie.

Kelli said...

Girl, your girls are SO beautiful! I just love that picture of Kaitlyn in the box! So fun!

Shanta said...

Dear HB,

Good times with the Mayos. Hope the Rangers game was fun today! I'm am jacking around at work (reading your blog as usual) as my own little protest that I'm at work. Great pics.. especially the box. And, I like Cora's highwaters.. just like her mom :)

P.S. Love Peeps' champ face.