Friday, June 29, 2007

Vacation!

Well, we just got back from a WONDERFUL vacation to South Padre. I have the greatest parents ever for taking the four of us, my brother and his girlfriend on an all expense paid trip. Besides the 10-11 hour car trip (which wasn't too bad) we had an awesome time. Here are a few of the highlights and some pictures to follow:

* This was Kaitlyn's first time to see the ocean and she LOVED it. She literally ran right in with her clothes on the minute we got there. She loved being able to play in the sand, get all muddy and just run in the water. She enjoyed looking for shells, crabs, and any other creatures that were scurrying around.

* My Dad, brother and James got to go deep sea fishing. They got up super early on Sunday morning and enjoyed 4-5 hours out on the ocean. They came home with lots of trout for us to cook on Sunday night. I'm not a fish lover, but it was pretty good!

* We went on a dolphin watching cruise one day. We actually saw quite a few dolphins! They also threw a net out behind the boat and pulled it for about 15 minutes to see what kinds of fish they could catch. They pulled up a starfish, a sea horse, a few crabs, and lots of different fish. Kaitlyn loved being able to see and touch anything that she could.

* Dad and I played sand volleyball with my brother and Brittany. I was so sore the next day. Seriously?

* This was Cora's first time to swim and she loved it. It didn't take her long to figure out how to splash herself in the face. It was hilarious the first time she splashed herself with salt water.

* There was a little "amusement park" really close to our condo. Kaitlyn got all strapped into a harness and had someone bounce her VERY high on a trampoline. This was fun to watch and she loved it. We also got to see my brother go bungee jumping!! I couldn't believe he actually did it, but if I wasn't pregnant I would have been right behind him.

* Two mornings that we were there the Sea Turtle Patrol were letting tiny baby sea turtles go into the ocean. This was very neat to watch. These babies were only about 3 or 4 inches long. (They look bigger in the pictures) But it was so fun to watch them make their way into the water and figure out how to swim out to sea.

* We made sand castles, fed the sea gulls, played frisbee on the beach, had a cookout, went out to a nice dinner, played lots of Uno, and just enjoyed spending time all together as a family.










































14 comments:

Hannah said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun! I bet it was great to get away and relax! I'm glad Cora like the water. We really need to go swimming soon if all of this rainy weather will go away!

Amy said...

What an awesome trip! I love all the pics. Cora is so cute and chubby and Kaitlyn is hilarious!

Unknown said...

What an awesome getaway! Welcome back to blog-land....you were missed :). I especially love the family pic on the beach, the pic of Cora sitting on the beach in her cute bathing suit, and the pic of Kaitlyn mastering the art of boogie-boarding.

Kara said...

i have always wanted to see baby sea turtles waddle to the ocean! i am jealous...
love the pic of kaitlyn buried in the sand. so fun!

swatterson said...

Oh man I need to go to the beach! I love all of your fun pictures!

hollyfouts said...

So glad you had a fun little get-away to the beach. I hope you are feeling OK.

Cortni said...

What fun!! Your pictures are GREAT! I love the family photo...I am sure it is already framed, but if not...it should be!! Glad yall had a fun trip!

Ashley said...

Cora and Kaitlyn are BEAUTIFUL! What fun family time!

Hope you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

I dunno why, but for some reason I just teared up looking at all of your pictures!! The girls are presh, and that one of y'alls family is SO gorgeous! Can't wait to see you in August! love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful getaway! Great pictures. I love the white shirt pictures as a family, those will be treasures. I look forward to hanging out again sometime.

Shanta said...

Oh Leslie! I love the family photo on the beach. That's a good Christmas card right there. I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

courtney said...

i showed these pictures to landry and she saw the one of kaitlyn holding the starfish and she said, "oh man, that's awesome!" then she asked if we could print that picture for her to hang in her room.... :)

Wendy said...

I love South Padre. Looks like such a fun trip. Ditto on the adorable family picture.

Felicia said...

How fun! I love family trips! The picture of Kaitlyn surfing is great! She just might be a pro at it someday! Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy.