Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She LITERALLY lost her tooth.

So, Kaitlyn lost her first tooth today! It has been loose for quite awhile. By rest time today she could literally twist it around. SO, I offered to pull it out for her. I didn't think she would go for it, but she did. With one or two wiggles it was out! She was so excited, she just yelled "CONGRATULATIONS!" Haha. She found a special container that she wanted to keep it in. (I think it previously held play-do) This afternoon, she just HAD to go show her friend Kelly next door. I specifically told her to be extra careful with it, don't drop it, don't let anyone hold it, etc. Well (shocker) the tooth didn't make it home with her. I kind of made a big deal out of her losing it... she felt horrible. She cried and cried all through her bath. I finally decided that if she wrote the Tooth Fairy a letter apologizing for losing it, maybe she would still leave her money under her pillow. She quickly dried it up and said, "That would be awesome." So, here is her letter that she wrote, exactly how she wrote it:

I aiym so-so-so-so sory that I lost mi tooth.

frum,

kaitlyn

You know you're from texas when you spell "am" "aiym."

P.S. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. Cora broke our camera last week.

8 comments:

courtney said...

Landry (accidentally) swallowed her first lost tooth. She drew a picture of a tooth and put it under her pillow. It worked! The tooth fairy came!

annalee said...

good save! as a kinder teacher, i am VERY impressed with her writing skills already. the tooth fairy will definitely be impressed too!

Felicia said...

I am also VERY impressed with her writing! She will be a pro next year!

hannah said...

I can't believe it is finally out! It has been loose for so long. I can't wait to see her sweet smile and hear all about it soon :)

Amanda said...

Wow! That is so impressive that she is writing like that! I hope the tooth fairy was very forgiving:)

Shanta said...

That is awesome. Congrats K!

Julie said...

what a big girl. she is growing up too fast!!! miss you!
don't even think about coming this way without giving me a holler!

Lindsay said...

Doesn't the tooth fairy pay double for apology letters? :)
She is such the character. I'll have to call you the next time we are in A-town (which will be whenever we can get a pre-approval letter for a loan for gas money).