Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Celebrating, swim lessons, and more!

This summer has kicked off to a great start!

We went out to dinner to celebrate the end of the school year - and Kaitlyn finishing up Kindergarten. She is so proud to say she is a 1st Grader now. I just can't believe it! She chose Red Robin...and also chose this enormous piece of cake for dessert!



On Monday she started her 3rd year of swim lessons with Mrs. S. and Mr. L. She is a good swimmer already, but she LOVES doing this and looks forward to it every year. Plus, it's always good to brush up on your swimming skills when the Mom has 2 crazy little ones to keep up with when we go to the pool! On the second day Mr. L said they could get/jump into the pool any way they wanted to. Kaitlyn immediately did a flip off the side and came within about an inch away from cracking her head open. Does this surprise ANYONE?!?




We have already gone out to the water park in Eastland once so far. We LOVE this place and the girls do too. We'll go there quite a bit this summer I'm sure. I just wish Abilene had something similar so we didn't have to drive an hour! (They have cooler slides and other things..but I only had my phone to take pictures with and I was a little nervous having it in the pool!)








We are also SO BLESSED to have friends with pools and friends with memberships to pools that let us go swim. It will make this summer SO fun! Cora is FEARLESS. I wasn't sure how she would do this year with just the arm floaties, but she has totally surprised me. She does great. She will jump off the diving board, rocks, anything. She just kicks those little fat legs and gets anywhere she wants to go. Kaitlyn is still fearless as well and has already gone off the HIGH DIVE at the swim club! She was so brave. Claire loves the water too, and unfortunately I have yet to find a floatie that she will sit in on her own. She hates everything I've tried so far, which results in me holding her at all times. This is also why I don't have many pictures of her in the pool. Oh well! Good thing I love the water too.





During the summer our public library has what is called Young Audiences. They have people that come in and perform songs/skits for kids. The first one was yesterday so we met up with some friends and headed that way! This guy Mark was here from Ft. Worth. He was a really good performer! Kaitlyn and Cora loved singing and dancing with him. I needed a straight jacket for Claire for that hour, but we somehow made it through!




4 comments:

annalee said...

i love seeing those swimming girls! and those swimming teachers too.

Shanta said...

I am SO GLAD you are back! Confession: I hate Facebook. I have been in withdrawal of all things Mayo. Can't wait to read about your summer!

Kim said...

The pictures of the girls are precious, as always. But that dessert Kaitlyn is holding...wow! Now THAT looks good...and it's only breakfast time right now. Ha! Hope yall are great. Can't wait to get together sometime!

Summer said...

Yay! You really are back. Two posts in one week. . . I'm so impressed. I really want to go to Eastland with you sometime, but my kids are water wimps. It is not fun when you have to plead with them to get wet. What is up with that? We need to spend some time with Kaitlyn and Cora so they can warm up to the idea of getting splashed! Ava's taking swim lessons with Mrs. S this year too so maybe that will help.