Monday, June 15, 2009

A Visit with Papa....and nasty feet!

I'll begin this blog on a good note. This weekend we went to Ft. Worth to visit my Papa, my Dad's dad. He's been in a nursing home for awhile and we hadn't been to see him in too long. One of my cousins that I haven't seen in probably 15 years was in town with 2 of her boys..so we decided to try and all meet there to take a BIG family picture with Papa. Unfortunately, we didn't all get there at the same time for the picture, but we did get a few with just our family. It was great to see him...although a little bit hard to see him the way he his. He is so super skinny, on oxygen, has a really hard time walking. But, he can still tell stories and make us all laugh like he always has.

3 Generations...


Cora was not interested in smiling for the camera, but I'm glad I have this one of me and Papa.

LOVE THIS ONE.


Now for the disgusting-ness that is all 3 of my daughters FEET. Cora's happened first. She somehow got the cuticle part of her big toe infected and it caused the whole entire toe to turn pink and purple and swell up real big. Dr. put her on some strong sulfur-based antibiotics and told us to soak it for 10 minutes 4 times a day until it went away.
Then, while we were in Ft. Worth on Saturday, Kaitlyn parked herself in a HUGE fire ant bed long enough for them to take over her right foot and leave lots of lovely swollen ant bites. They are no longer swollen, but they turned into little bruises literally covering her foot.
And as for Claire...yesterday when she woke up from her nap her right foot was very swollen, VERY red, and hot to the touch. She wouldn't stand or walk on it at all. It didn't look like it had a bite anywhere. With it being Sunday, we headed to Dr. J's Express Care and found out she did get bit by something probably a couple of days ago and it had now turned into some kind of staph or strep infection. We avoided getting a shot, but she is now also on a strong antibiotic and we are keeping an eye out for the dreaded "red streaky line" going up her leg. That would be bad.
Other than THAT.... we are doing great! This week we are busy with Kaitlyn's second week of swim lessons, and getting ready for her 6th Birthday on Friday!! ALSO... my cousin Brenna gets back from Egypt tomorrow and I'm going to DFW to see her. It's been a year and I can hardly wait!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will let you in on a wonderful cure for everything feet & hands - Listerine or its generic. Good for infections and fungus of the feet or hands. Soak 15 minutes everyday for 1-2 weeks. Cheap, quick & super effective. I would soak Kaitlyn's feet for a couple of days just ot be sure she doesn't get an infectin from the ant bites. Nana

Kim W. said...

I love the picture of Kaitlyn with your Papa. So sweet. Glad yall had a nice visit. I would give anything for my Grandpa to have seen our boys. He passed away 2 years before Jake was born. And his name was Jack, so that's why Jack is named Jack! :) LOVE it! Hope yall are well. And hope to get to see yall soon!

The Speck family said...

Those are such sweet pics of your family. I am amazed that all three girls had feet issues so close together~ bless all your hearts! You also look really good in purple :).