Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet Sam!!!

This is what we surprised Kaitlyn with for her 6th birthday! He is sooooo sweet. He is half cocker spaniel, half poodle. The breeder called him a cock-a-poo, but I don't like that name for 2 reasons.

1. It just sounds inappropriate. haha
2. It sounds like the name of a bird.

But whatever he is called, Kaitlyn was SHOCKED. We met the breeders about 40 miles outside of town..she had no idea where we were going. When she saw the man with a puppy, she immediately was like, "Mom! Look at that cute dog!" To which I replied, "Happy Birthday!" She just froze and said, "That's MY puppy?!?!" She was so excited and he immediately took to her. They have been inseparable for the past 24 hours.




In other news.. BRENNA IS HOME! She has been in Egypt working with the youth there for the past year. I could not wait to get myself to DFW to see her! I loved this "hat." Her brother wore that in the airport when they went to go pick her up. Sooo great.
Welcome home Brenna! Come to Abilene soon!!

3 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

What a cute little pup! Great birthday gift!

Allison said...

That is the cutest little puppy I have ever seen! Kaitlyn is one lucky girl! And you guys are super sweet patents to get her a puppy for her birthday!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that puppy? It is adorable and I have been looking for one like it. I do not know you, but I went to ACU and currently live in Austin. Thanks!