Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Kaitlyn!!

I'm a little late in posting..but my sweet girl (that just told her younger sister if she didn't leave her alone she would sit on her face) turned 6 last Friday!!! I truly can not believe it has been 6 years since she was born. She was pretty specific on what she wanted to do for her party this year. She wanted to invite just a few friends and spend the night at a hotel here in town. Pretty fun idea! So my mom and I packed into a room with 7 six year olds for the night. We ordered pizza, had cake and ice cream, made bracelets, and did lots of swimming in the indoor pool.

She also asked for breakfast in bed, but when she decided to wake up at 6:00, I didn't get the chance to make that happen. So, I went to McDonald's and got her some breakfast and let her eat it on the couch. Good enough, right?

Oh, she also had her last day of swim lessons on her birthday. Mr. L and the other 2 kids in her class sang Happy Birthday to her under water. She loved this last year so I was glad they did it again.

We had so much fun celebrating her day. She truly is one of the funniest people I know. She makes me laugh on a daily basis.

We love you Kaitlyn. We are so proud of you!

the pics aren't in order, sorry!







Claire definitely enjoyed the pizza....







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! Love you Leslie and miss you so much. Hope yall are doing great and enjoying your summer!

Summer said...

What a cool mama! I would love to do that for my birthday this year-- a hotel room, some food, the pool, a few friends. Great idea Katelyn! We're looking forward to art camp next week. Are you still on for babysitting? It looks like it will only be Tuesday and Thursday. Give me a call and we can talk about transportation details.