Monday, December 05, 2005

Arbonne, Movies, and Naps

I don't think I can stress enough how tired I am this morning! I don't know what my deal is. Just the fact that it's Monday I guess.

We had a pretty good weekend. Kaitlyn started to perk up about the middle of Saturday. She was pretty weak and lazy for a good day and a half.

This weekend was my Arbonne launch, and the best part about it was getting to see Meredith!!
I am so thankful that she drove the incredibly boring drive to Abilene to do this for me. What a great "sponsor!" Both of the "parties" went really well. It was good just to let people know this new venture that I'm getting into and enjoying some good food at the same time! This also allowed James and Kaitlyn some quality time together.



On Friday night James took Kaitlyn out to see Chicken Little. She LOVED it. She sat and watched the entire movie. James said it was so much fun to watch her get into it, laugh, and get to know the characters. I wish I could have gone too! On Saturday during the party they went to Chucky Cheese. She was excited about giving that big "chucky mouse" a hug.

Saturday afternoon we just hung out. James and Kaitlyn took good long naps - I snoozed a little bit and watched some TV.
When Kaitlyn woke up we enjoyed some time outside with our neighbors. They have a little girl that is just a few months older than Kaitlyn. Her name is Kelly and they love playing together. (When they are not arguing over who's bike is who's) So we went out in the 80 degree weather in our flip flops and talked to them while they put up their Christmas lights. There is something wrong with sweating and putting up Christmas lights at the same time. It's December people. (But is sure is cold today!!)

It was good to be at Highland yesterday. We've been out of town the past 2 weekends - so it felt good to be back at our church.
Last night at our small group we discussed the idea of splitting. It's really large right now, and it kind of defeats the purpose of a SMALL group. I immediatly thought back to our group in Dallas when it split. I really think it is so important to meet with a smaller, more intimate group. Everyone seems really excited about it, but we are just not sure on exactly who goes where. In Dallas it was easy to just split by location. In Abilene - you can get anywhere in 10 minutes. Anyway, I'm anxious and excited to see how it ends up, and I look forward to seeing how God works in the changes ahead!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! If any of you get a chance, go read
www.canon.webhop.org. This little boy's story is amazing. He just received a liver transplant, and the way it came about is nothing short of a miracle. James and I went to school with Chandra - his mom. Her journal entries are amazing to read.

Have a good Monday!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Girl, I know what you mean about the weather and the christmas lights! I put mine up on Saturday in the 88 degree weather wearing my flip flops. (Side note here people, not a good idea to climb up on the roof wearing flip flops when your feet might be a tad bit sweaty. Really, it's probably not good to be on the roof in flip flops ever. Oh well, I didn't fall off the ladder, so I guess I'm ok. )

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck with the new business!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl- I'm so intrigued by this Arbonne thing.......you will have to tell me more about it. I'm so glad Kaitlyn is feeling better!

Sam said...

Glad to hear that kaitlyn is doing better. In regards to the weather, it is snowing here today and we are hoping that it will stay warm in Baird for the next week. We want the girls to be able to enjoy the outside at my parent's next weekend.

Our small group split several months back and it has been great. Will certainly be praying that the Lord leads you guys through this process. Take care.

Kristen OQ said...

Sam went to see his first movie last week while he was at my parents -- also Chicken Little. My Dad said he was great...quiet, eating popcorn, and would laugh at the appropriate times. Hilarious to think they are old enough for a movie?!?! I don't even get to see movies!

Sounds like you had another fun & busy weekend.

Still getting together with "the other half" of the small group has made it so much easier on us. We still meet for dinners every couple of months and are in the midst of a joint Christmas party preparation. Good luck on it!

Unknown said...

Wow, now I know 3 people selling Arbonne (you, Darby and Brooke)! I am going to have to try this product out. I am so glad you had fun with the launch party and that Kaitlyn is feeling all better. What kid wouldn't with Chuck E. Cheese up for grabs? I really was sad that I couldn't come.

Amy said...

I may be a complete moron, but I have no idea what Arbonne is. More info please!