Friday, December 02, 2005

Poor Kaitlyn

I hope this blog makes sense. I am going on about one hour sleep from last night.

I knew something was wrong right when we got Kaitlyn from school yesterday. She was complaining of her tummy hurting. She is NOT a complainer, and she is a pretty tough girl, so I could tell she really wasn't feeling well. We had to make a quick run to Sams, and she just wanted to be held the entire time. When we got home, you could tell she was just really uncomfortable - she didn't want to be held, she didn't want to lay down, etc.

James and I had plans with my work to go listen to Lester Holt speak at a dinner (MSNBC anchor). My office had spent good money on a table, so we had to go. My cousin Brenna came over, but when it was time for us to leave Kaitlyn just cried and cried. Broke my heart into about a kagillion pieces. I told Brenna that if she got sick to call us and one of us would come back.

Ten minutes later she calls. I wanted to go home so bad, but felt that I needed to stay b/c we're sitting with my boss, his wife, and like 8 other people. The dinner was on campus so it wouldn't take me long to get home if I needed too. James called once to tell me that she had thrown up again, and by the time I got home she had thrown up 6 times.

The rest of the night is history. She didn't sleep hardly at all and threw up probably 5 more times. We tried Pedialite during the night with no luck.

The morning she looks horrible and just kept saying, "Because I'm so thirsty." "Because I'm so thirsty." As I was getting ready for work (I'm only here for 2 hours then going back home), she had gone to the kitchen and grabbed the huge jug of Apple Juice and carried it into our room saying, "Because I just NEED this!" Sweet girl....

I gave her about half a sippy cup of half apple juice and half water. She drank it in like 2.3 seconds. Bless.

James said she has kept that down and seems to be a little more cheerful - so hopefully this won't last for long!

There is nothing worse than seeing your baby sick.

10 comments:

hollyfouts said...

We passed this one around our house the week before Thanksgiving. (So did everyone else I know) No fun at all! Sorry she's sick.

D Pitt said...

Poor Kaitlin! Well, and poor mom and dad

Shanta said...

Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear about your munchkin being sick! I hate throwing up. So verrrry traumatic. I hope she kicks it soon.

Sam said...

Sorry to hear about that. I can cetainly relate. It is so hard to see your child like that and not be able to do anything. You guys will certainly be in our prayers.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I don't think I can be a mom. I hate throw up!
Props to you and my mom!!!

Becky Martin said...

Good luck nursing her back to health. At least you get to spend most of the day with her!

Alyssa said...

Poor Kaitlyn! Nothing is worse than a sick little one...hope she gets better soon and doesn't share the fun with mom and dad...

Amy said...

Poor Baby! See, if you'd just been living in LBB, Dr. Andy could have made a house call!

hejlyeah said...

Awww! That sounds like a nightmare. Bless her (and your) heart!

Unknown said...

Is Kaitlyn feeling better now? I wanted to come to the big launch party, but I got home late on Friday. Tell Kaitlyn I hope she feels better soon!