Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finally!

We finally bought a new camera. Ours broke over Easter weekend. I'm more than excited to be able to take pictures again. Just in time for Kaitlyn's birthday party on Saturday! I can't believe she is about to be 3. I'll write more about this on her actual birthday.

Things with us are going good. Nothing big going on - just our normal day-to-day routine of work and hanging out in the evenings. I have been trying to walk at night as much as I can. This has helped me feel SO much better.

My parents came through town last weekend and picked up Kaitlyn on their way to Ft. Worth. James and I did not know what to do with ourselves! The World Cup started, so Saturday he went and watched a game or two with some friends while I enjoyed two paperview movies on my couch! I watched Rumor Has It (weird, but okay), and The Family Stone. That afternoon while James worked in the yard, I went out and did some Father's Day shopping and enjoyed spending time with my friend Felicia before they move away!

Saturday night we went on a dinner and a movie date to Texas Roadhouse and to see The Break Up. Not a fan of the ending, but it was a pretty funny movie over all.

Sunday it was awesome taking our time getting ready for church and being able to sleep an extra 30 minutes! We had a nice, 2 hour lunch with friends at the Olive Garden which would not be possible with our precious toddler present. We took long naps before welcoming Kaitlyn home early Sunday evening!

Thanks Mamaw and Pappy for making Kaitlyn's weekend a blast and ours relaxing!

Here are a few pictures I've taken the past few days:




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I miss you a ton! I'm glad you got a new camera, because all of Kaitlyn's moments HAVE to be captured! I'm glad you got a weekend of relaxation, and I hope you start feeling better w/ the baby...yay for you being preggers!
Love and miss you!
Kottie

Julie said...

I can't believe that she is going to be three! It seems like yesterday that you came to visit me in Little Rock and I took your nine month prego butt on a hike in flip flops! You were such a sport and that was such a funny memory! Now that I have been there I laugh at what a moron I was!

Unknown said...

That pic of Kaitlyn and James is precious- they really do favor each other! I hope you are feeling better and better as each week passes.....is the ACU campus a ghost town now that all the students are gone?

Shanta said...

Super sweet. I'm glad you got a camera again. How about some progressive pictures of you Mommy!

GO MAVS!

Kristen OQ said...

Yea for new cameras!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your growing family.

Can you believe our babies are getting so big? It is hard for me to think Kaitlyn is going to be three years old!

Unknown said...

Kaitlyn is so cute! I especially love that last picture, and I agree, you need to get out from behind the camera and post more pictures of yourself. By the way, I am cracking up at Julie taking you for a hike in flip flops while you were nine months pregnant. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

I also meant to tell you that if you ever need anyone to go for a walk with you, let me know because I am ALWAYS trying to talk Boone into going with me.

Anonymous said...

Mayos-

I have been catching up with you guys via your blog and just got to the part about you expecting child #2. Congratulations! I am one person who cannot say enough nice things about James, seriously, I can only think of one or two (and I think his back is hairy now) but it is obvious that you two are great parents. You will be in my prayers inthe upcoming weeks and months. I hope all is well.

Take Care

Erica said...

I am so glad that you finally got a new camera!! The pictures are precious. Sorry we are missing the party tomorrow but we are going to Waco for father's day and to celebrate Campbell's birthday. Have fun!!