Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Happy Birthday sweet Kaitlyn...

This post is a little over due - her birthday was Monday. I've been waiting for blogger to be cooperative w/ pictures, but still no luck. Maybe tonight....

Has it really been three years? It is so hard to believe that my little girl is 3, already "turning to be four" as she says. Where did the time go? We had a blast celebrating her birthday on Saturday with lots of friends and family. It was so hot outside, so we just had the pool filled up and the slip n slide turned on. We also rented a bounce house, which was a huge hit with the kids (and James).

Her real birthday was yesterday. She got to take cupcakes, or "pupcakes" to school and all her friends sang to her again. Teacher Joy sent her home with lots of treats at the end of the day.

Here are a few of my favorite things about Kaitlyn:

She is absolutely hilarious. Listening to her talk and sing just makes me smile. She makes up songs all the time. When she gets really tired, she gets REALLY talkative. She will jump from subject to subject and talk so fast.

She is beautiful. She is starting to look so much like a little girl and not a baby/toddler anymore. Her soft curls are getting blonder and her eyes are so dark, but they seem so bright. I love her dimples and the few freckles she has on her nose.

She still likes to cuddle at night. She loves just sitting right next to me or James when she is watching a video or if we are reading to her. She wants her tummy and her backed rubbed every night before we leave the room.

She is potty trained! This happened a few weeks ago, I just never blogged about it. She has done so great!

She's a social butterfly. She loves hanging out with her friends, especially our neighbor Kelly. Everytime she comes over she says, "Do you want to stay at my house forever?" She rarely complains about going to school everyday, but it most times excited to see all her friends. She loves James' and I's friends too and always asks about them.

She's so smart. I feel like she does something new every day. She is getting good at writing her letters and recognizing words. She remembers everything you tell her (which comes back to bite me quite often).

She's so tender hearted. She loves ALL animals, little babies, and elderly people. Sounds funny, but so true. She loves taking care of things. I think she will be a great big sister! (By the way if you ask her if she has a brother his name is Chim, and a sister would be Kim.) Hilarious.

There are so many things I love about her. I'm just so thankful God chose me to be her Mom.

8 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I can't believe she is 3....I thought about her Monday and remembered back 3 years ago to that little pink baby girl (that looked just like James!). Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! She really is a wonderful smart little girl.

And if the choices are a boy named Chim or a girl named Kim, I'm hoping for a girl:)

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet post for a sweet girl! I can't wait to see the pics of the birthday festivities! I am cracking up over baby Chim/Kim- love it!

Shanta said...

Oh Leslie- I'm so glad you blogged about her birthday! Give her a sweet hug and kiss from her Aunty Shanty!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthdat, sweet girl and soon to be big sister.

Alyssa said...

It doesn't seem like that long ago that you announced you were pregnant with Kaitlyn! I can't believe that she is already three! Happy Birthday, Sweet Kaitlyn!

swatterson said...

I can't believe she's 3! Happy birthday Kaitlyn from your "Aunt Sara".

hejlyeah said...

Awww ... sweet Kaitlyn. I can't believe it's been three years either. So sweet!

Julie said...

holy crap how do you make it for three years?? I guess when your daughter is as cute and good as Kaitlyn it is easy. I'm still in the what have I done phase!