Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Random....

Kaitlyn was pretty talkative this morning on the way to get a donut and then to school. Here is some of what she said:

"Hey Momma - I like to eat lobster." (She has never had it in her life)

"Hey Momma - I like you."

"Hey Momma - I care about Natalie and Connor."

"Hey! That flag says ACU!" (She is really into finding things that say ACU - Tshirts, flags, billboards, etc)

"That lady sure is wearing a lot of lipstick." (This is the Jack 'N' Jill donut lady that has worked there since I was in college).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love borrowed maternity clothes. I have two friends that have had babies recently that let me borrow theirs. This makes me REAL happy.

I could never work at Sonic. I would never be able to figure out people's change right then and there. I would have to whip out a calculator.

Why is it 137 degrees outside all of the time?

James drives around in an unairconditioned car ALL DAY LONG, and he has never complained. I would complain all the time. He's just not a complainer - one of the things I love about him.

Why is it that guys can lose weight so much faster than girls? I am over here getting fatter and fatter by the day - James has lost 19 pounds in less than 3 weeks. While I am very proud of him - I am a little jealous at the same time.

I love chocolate donuts.

Have a good Wednesday!

7 comments:

courtney said...

Wow! Kaitlin has a sophisticated pallate....lobster?? :)

I agree about Sonic. Too hard to figure out change, ESPECIALLY on roller skates!

My husband loses weight fast, too. It's so frustrating!!

hejlyeah said...

Guys are lucky that way. Stinks!

I wanna see a pic of pg Leslie!

Wendy said...

I am so with you on borrowed maternity clothes. I borrowed the vast majority of what I wore when I was pregnant. However, I do have a few that I own myself, so if you need any more, please, please come borrow mine. They are just gathering dust in my closet, and I'd love for someone to get some use out of them.

Kara said...

well, sad to say, Sonic was my first job, and carhops don't have to be math wizards. the receipts actually have the change amount that is due back to the customer. BUT it does not have the dollar amount due back. so there is some subtraction that has to go on in the head, but not as much as it seems.
i get very frustrated at the male ability to lose weight. the hard part is when they think we should be able to lose weight as quickly. ugh.
also, last night you looked very cute! i didn't realize how much you were showing...that is not an insult either...you are a cute pregnant person.

Julie said...

I have lots of winter maternity clothes you can borrow, although I was probably WAY bigger than you will get!
I hate that about guys too!Charles can lose weight just by thinking about it.
Charles drove an old beater around for so long and anytime I would get in it I would think "no way would I be seen in this POJ." He is such a better person than I am. He had to roll the window down and let himself out from the outside door handle. And when you hit 70 MPH the car shook violently. V.I.O.L.E.N.T.L.Y. Like it jiggled every ounce of fat on your body. Only two notches on the air conditioning setting worked so sometimes you froze and sometimes you burned up. And there was a crack in the windshield that Charles put a bumper sticker over to try to cover it. This car might deserve its own blog entry on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that the why-can't-girls-lose-weight thought is directly followed by "I love chocolate donuts"! I feel the same way.

Matt also drives an unairconditioned vehicle. It's basically just the shell of a truck and wheels.

swatterson said...

love the random thoughts and kaitlyn's sayings...priceless. :)

maybe if i drove around in 137 degree weather in an unairconditionered car I would loose 19lbs too!

I miss my Leslie!