Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Weekend fun

This past weekend we drove to Ft. Worth to spend some time with family that we had not seen in a long time. My aunt and three of my cousins were down from Washington State. They only come once every couple of years or so, so it was really good to see them. Kaitlyn LOVED being around all of her second cousins. It was so fun watching them all play together.

Friday night we drove in and had a cookout at my brothers apartment. It was such a pretty night - so we ate outside and then had a fun evening swim. Kaitlyn thought it was fun to get to swim in the dark. She made quick friends with a nice couple in the hot tub that I'm sure were just looking for a relaxing night alone. She broke that party up real quick. She wanted to stay in the hotel with Mamaw and Pappy that night - no hesitation on my part!




Saturday the boys worked on my brothers truck while my mom, Kaitlyn and I went shopping for maternity clothes and then to visit my Papa. It was good to see him. We recently moved him to an assisted living facility. It's a really nice place, but still hard to see him in there. He was sporting a sweet black tobagan under a cowboy hat. I took a real sweet picture of he and Kaitlyn.

Saturday night is when ALL the family got together over at my grandmothers house. We ate together, swam, told stories.. just enjoyed being together. Kaitlyn learned to swim a little bit with her head under the water. She wanted so badly to do everything her older cousins were doing. She caught a frog later that night - a pretty big one at that. I wish I would have had my camera with me. She got to spend the night that night with her cousins. All four of them stayed in the same room and didn't go to bed until after 11:00pm. Which brings us to Sunday...

She was not a happy camper during church. Fortunately we sat on the back row and it was easy to get out. For lunch we all went to the park and had a picnic so that all the kiddos could run around. Beats fighting a restaurant! It was pretty warm, so we were ready for the air conditioned car!

By this time, Kaitlyn was worn out....

Shocker. Blogger only let me post one pic. I'll try again in a few...

2 comments:

Julie said...

What was your VERY favorite part of the weekend???? Meeting Baby Ryan and seeing your bestest pal Julie in Fort Worth??? HUH????????

swatterson said...

Sounds like fun family time! You got to see Julie! Jealous!