Monday, July 24, 2006

What I did this weekend....

* Experienced Vicotin for the first time. That's a nice one to start with! I've been having really bad headaches with this pregnancy and after some other options have failed - this is basically my last chance. I was so nervous about taking it, even though my doctor told me it would be okay. It took me 4 days to even go pick it up from CVS. I took one on Friday night and don't really remember anything else about that evening. I was out like a light. And I remember having a head ache until I fell asleep - so not sure if it even worked. Probably won't take it again.

* Went to an awesome sale at Old Navy! I spent $26 and got Kaitlyn 4 shirts, 2 skirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of shoes, and a shirt for James. Crazy! Everything was like $1.99! That's my kind of sale!

* Got a pedicure! This was my 3rd one of the summer. I think I'm addicted. Despite James' efforts for me to get a huge 'J' painted on my big toe - I ended up with a French pedicure with a small flower.

* Took Kaitlyn to a little dance class at church. Yes, dance - at church. This sweet lady is raising money for a new orphanage that just opened in India. She is from England, and used to teach ballet for many years. So, for 3 Saturdays she is teaching a little class to girls. It really is a sweet class - and she holds all the kids attention because of her awesome accent! Kaitlyn loved it the first week. This week, I had to participate with her a little bit. She kept saying she just wanted to go to Chick Fil A.

* Taught the 4 year old class at church. James and I signed up to help teach this class together for the month of July. I have to give a shout out to Jody Reese - the head teacher. She is amazing with these kids. She also teaches kindergarten and I'm sure is a very respected and sought after teacher. It's fun to watch her and learn from her. We have enjoyed 4 year olds. You never know what they are going to say - or draw a picture of.

* I may have felt the baby move. You would think after already being pregnant once, I would know exactly how it feels. There have been a couple of flutters - especially when I am perfectly still or when I try to get away with laying on my stomach. No more of that.

* James brought home Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and frosted chocolate donuts for me! I will be standing backwards on the scale when I go back to the doctor.

* I got to meet a fellow blogger! Courtney came into town to visit her sister Lindsay (who I work with), and they came over to visit for awhile. It was fun to meet her and her sweet Landry in person! Kaitlyn and Landry got along great, and we all enjoyed a short late night walk. Good to meet you Courtney!

* We had a small game night at our house on Thursday night. The girls whipped up on the boys in a game of Trivial Pursuit - Pop Culture! When you have someone on your team that lived in LA for a few years, you're gonna get a lot of answers right! Sorry boys... maybe next time.

* My brother came through town on Sunday. It's always good to see him, and Kaitlyn loves to play around with her Uncle Neil - and his best friend Micah who she said she wants to marry.

That's about it!!

Hope you have a good Monday!

6 comments:

hollyfouts said...

So sorry about those headaches. I have hd terrible headaches ever since I had Miller. I have even gone to the hospital to make sure there wasn't anything serious in there. Vicotin doesn't even touch them....I've tried everything and can't find a pain killer that works. I really hope that you get to feeling better or they at least stop after pregnancy. Having 2 kids and a major headache is no fun!

You are such a cute pregnant girl....eat all the ice cream and donuts you want!

Anonymous said...

Wes-
I miss you. Like a ton. So glad you got a pedicure and a good sale. That makes for a great day. Add to that the ice cream and donuts, you are basically the luckiest woman alive. Some of us wish we had the excuse that we were pregnant. Over it.
Can't wait to get back and hang out with you and Lindsay all the time. We will be the best friend club for sure. Talk to you soon, love you!

courtney said...

I'm glad I finally got to meet y'all!! I felt like I was meeting a celebrity....you know, someone you read about but never really see! :) Landry had a ton of fun with Kaitlyn!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your headaches! I really hope they start feeling better ASAP...bless your heart. I have to guess that Amanda was on your team for Pop culture Trivial Pursuit.....and I love that Kaitlyn is taking dance at church- that is too sweet.

Hollie Reese said...

Sorry about the headaches. I have been having horrible headaches that last for days this time, also. I didn't have any with Riley. I have also had backaches! Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Julie said...

I had terrible headaches with Ryan. I felt like maxing out on Tylenol washed down with some good ole caffeine did as much, if not more than the prescription stuff. I would also rub the back of my head against the doorway. Crazy, but it felt good.