Thursday, July 06, 2006

This and That..

Well, we had a fun Fourth of July. Pretty laid back - but that's the way I like to do holidays! We went to "Festival on the Fourth" at the zoo. Kaitlyn enjoyed getting her face painted, glitter sprayed in her hair, jumping in the bounce house, and eating the biggest pixi stick I have ever seen. (We dumped half the sugar out while she was jumping). One of James' customers had a booth set up out there so we even got hooked up with a free lunch! The food business does have it's advantages.

That afternoon we just hung around the house. I cleaned while James mowed the lawn. Kaitlyn swam in her pool for awhile and then took a late nap. We had some friends over for a cookout and then went to the park to see the LAMEST firework show ever. Kaitlyn was way more entertainment out there than the fireworks were. The show was an hour long and there was like 30 seconds in between fireworks. The finale was really awesome, but it lasted less than 2 seconds. Not exaggerating. I'm sure half the people out there missed it. But, it was fun being outside with friends, throwing the football around, and watching Kaitlyn run around and completely wear herself out.

Other things going on:

Kaitlyns new favorite thing is gum. If she sees anyone else with it she has to have a piece. We went to Cracker Barrel last night for dinner and she got to pick out a treat. She picked Bubble Tape. She wanted to sleep with it last night - that didn't happen. But, it was the first thing she asked about this morning.

She got to play the Grandmother at school yesterday when her class acted out Little Red Riding Hood. Her teacher said when she said her lines she even made her voice high pitched and shaky. Hilarious. I would have loved to see that.

I told myself last night that I am DONE biting my nails. It's getting a little ridiculous. I've been doing it for 25 years. That's just embarrassing. Right now they are so bad. My cuticles are all cracked and red, my nails are so short and ugly. Moms are supposed to have long pretty nails! Kaitlyn has even started picking at hers b/c she sees me do it. I took a before picture last night, so if I stick with it long enough to have an after picture I'll let you know. Wish me luck!

I'm almost 15 weeks along now - and finally starting to feel better. I have had the worst head aches of my life the past couple of weeks however. I haven't had one in a couple of days though. I'm in the "fat" stage. Not showing enough to wear maternity, but my regular clothes are so tight. Yuk. I go back to the doctor on Monday. I'm anxious to go, and look forward to seeing that everything is still okay. I'm much more nervous this time around for some reason.

That's about all for now. Kaitlyn's class is acting out Three Billy Goats Gruff today. I'll let you know what part she got to play. I'm thinking a troll would be fitting.

Pictures to come.....

4 comments:

Julie said...

I applaud you in your nail biting effort, although it is something I love about you!
If I could have been a fly on the wall when Kaitlyn was doing that play! I mean, where does she learn do that kind of thing? Do you give her funny lessons?

Unknown said...

I can just picture her being the grandma....that is too funny. Seriously, that girl is so smart! I'm anxious to see pics of her and YOUR cute preggo self! Hugs and love to the Mayos....

Unknown said...

We took Jackson to the zoo also. He was way more interested in watching the other kids than the animals. I would have loved to run into you, so he could have Kaitlyn for entertainment!

I heard the fireworks were awful. My friend went and said the same thing as you. You have to go though! We were in Brownwood and saw some pretty lame ones as well.

jennyc said...

Hi Leslie,

I just happened on your blog from Katie C's spot. I just recently retired my 27 years of nail biting thanks to the greatest nail stuff ever called "Nail Magic". You can find it at Sally's and it really works. I just put on 2 coats a week and my nails are strong and pretty for the first time ever! Was that Lindsay in one of your fireworks pics? Tell her hi from Jenny (Brett's cousin).