Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Cora came in like a Lion


Leslie getting ready for the big day. There were some nerves and anticipation of the wonderful day ahead.

Except one small detail, our camera broke the night before. We had to call in a favor from our good Friend Lindsay, to save the day.

We entered the hospital just before 7:00am and by 8:38am everything was getting started.



In this picture Leslie is showing her excitement for the upcoming delivery. I think this was one of her cutiermoments

So everythin g was going to plan and Leslie was progrssing nicely. I had a gentleman's bet with Leslie that the birth would be at 2:30pm, The nurse had 4:00pm and Leslie's dad had 3:01pm. He won.


On Thursday December 21, 2006 - Cora arrived, Screaming.

She was so beautiful, healthy and OK.

Here is her picture with her excited big sister.


Leslie is currently having day surgery for the epidural she recieved. There were some complications afterwards with spinal headaches. She is getting that fixed right now. I ask that you pray for her and thank God for the healthy life he brought into this world and that for the most part everyone is ok.

God is great and we owe him everything.

Have a great day.

11 comments:

courtney said...

She's beautiful and Kaitlyn looks so proud! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats to the Mayo family! Cora is absolutely beautiful and Kaitlyn is an adorable big sister. Leslie, I will be praying for you today...bless your heart- I have heard those headaches are no fun at all. Praise God for healthy and precious little girls!

poe said...

How wonderful!!! What a precious gift right in time for Christmas! So happy to hear Baby Cora is healthy and beautiful. I so wish I could be around you guys and watch Kaitlyn with her. Leslie, hope you feel better . . . will certainly pray for you! YOU WILL NEED IT! Love and miss you guys!

Lauren said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! What an incredible Christmas gift. Enjoy!

Becky Martin said...

I'm so excited to see pictures! Leslie, I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your new bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Mayo family! What a wonderful Christmas! All you girls look beautiful - where's a pic of Dad?

Hope everything is going well. Blessings to you in 2007!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!! I pray that you are feeling better and that you are home enjoying your little girls!

Cortni said...

She is gorgeous and Kaitlyn looks so happy to be a big sister! I am glad you are all doing well, and I hope Leslie is feeling better!! Love yall!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! She looks just like I remember Kaitlyn looking! I am so glad everything went well...you are in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so excited! Cora is absolutely amazing and Kaitlyn, well, we all know she is! ;) I'm speechless with joy for your (and our) family! I cannot wait to meet her and I have been and will keep praying for your health, Les. God bless you all!
(David said congratulations, too!!) WE LOVE YOU!!

Kristen OQ said...

Congratulations to all of the Mayos! Cora looks beautiful and a lot like Kaitlyn already.

Hope that Leslie recovers easily and is better soon.

We will be thinking and praying for you all in the days & weeks to come! Get some rest and enjoy those first few days as a family of 4!