Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Let The Countdown Begin!

10 more days people. 10 more days. Yikes! So much to do before she comes! I have not bought ONE Christmas present yet. James and I got a babysitter for this Saturday and are planning on knocking it all out in one day. That should be fun, seeing as I get winded walking from my desk to the ice machine at work. Hopefully, we'll get everything done, and next week we can just relax and anxiously await Friday!

The hospital that we're using has an educational program for siblings that are about to have a new baby brother or sister. So, Kaitlyn got to go have her special tour yesterday. They showed her all around the Labor and Delivery floor, showed her a room like I will be in, and even took her on a behind the scenes tour of the nursery! She got a little doctors bag of scrubs, masks, a measuring tape (to measure her baby dolls and to guess how long Cora will be - she already guessed one inch), the little heart stickers they put on babies to monitor their temperature, and lots of other fun things. She seems to be really excited about this - lets hope it stays that way!

I still get a little sad when I think about only 10 more days of it just being Kaitlyn. Her life (and ours) is about to totally change! I just hope and pray that I do a good job of always making sure she feels loved, needed and included in everything. I just love that girl so much - I can't imagine loving another one just the same! How exciting is that.

I'll try to add one more post before this all goes down with one last tummy shot, and a couple nursery pictures. James will probably do most of the blogging after she comes - we don't have a computer at home - SAD. But I'll make sure he keeps it updated with lots of pictures!

12 comments:

swatterson said...

Man I can't believe you're so stinking close! Yay! Good luck! I wish I could see you!

Kara said...

We are very excited for yall! We will be out of town when everything happens, but we will be praying for a healthy/pleasant delivery and baby!

hejlyeah said...

Oh man! How pumped am I to see the new baby? I'm sure not as pumped as you. :)

Keep us posted on everything!

Anonymous said...

how exciting!

I can't believe it!

We are praying that everything is smooth, safe, and I can't wait to hug on that new little baby!

Cortni said...

Holy cow! I cannot believe it is already here!! I cannot wait to see sweet baby Cora! We will be praying for a smooth delivery too!

Kristen OQ said...

I can't believe the time is here already! I know the three of you are anxiously awaiting welcoming Cora to your family. Please keep us posted on everything -- I can't wait to see a sweet picture of Kaitlyn holding her baby sister!

Anonymous said...

You are almost there! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait until Cora gets here. Next time we are in town we will have to get together so our two little girls can meet (since we won't be traveling much until our baby comes). Good luck with everything and good luck shopping this weekend!

Heather Parker

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for your new addition! Please keep us posted! We can't wait to meet Miss Cora!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! I am soooo excited to hear when she has arrived. I know James will definitely stay entertained thru the years with a house full of ladies!

Summer said...

I can't wait to meet that girl! We're counting down. If Kaitlyn needs a playmate, give us a call. Ava would love to play with her if ya'll need some extra time during the evenings or afternoons until everything settles down. We're praying for you. . .

Becky Martin said...

Good luck getting everything settled and ready. I hope you can enjoy the next week or so and I'll be praying for everything surrounding Cora.

Anonymous said...

I am a horrible friend because I have not even seen or talked to you in at least two months:( I do have a baby gift for Cora so I suppose I will have to stop by after Christmas to hold your precious angel. Love you all!