Friday, December 01, 2006

Thanksgiving

I'm a little late in blogging, sorry. We had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving in Lubbock with my family. I had not been home in so long - it was nice to go back! We had a wonderful meal, made lots of fires in the backyard, went shopping, had our 3rd annual Thanksgiving bowling tournament - more about this in a minute, the boys helped paint the house, and mom and I got the best massages ever! I could even lay on my stomach! It was the greatest.

The bowling tournament - Kaitlyn is quite the bowler. She played two games and scored a 70 both times! She loved it. I'm trying to get a video to load on here so that everyone can see the hip action she puts with it. She is hilarious. I, however, did not do so hot. I didn't realize how hard it is to bowl when your 8 months pregnant.

One of the things I really found myself thankful for is that my parents are young enough to really - actively play with Kaitlyn. They run around and play chase or hide and go seek, and my dad even climbed a tree with her. I love this picture - he told Kaitlyn to act like a monkey and he is laughing so hard.


We truly are blessed this Thanksgiving. I am thankful for too many things to count.

1 comment:

hejlyeah said...

That's so great. It's so hard sometimes to remember to be thankful for your family's health, and your own. Just being able to walk around every day is a blessing. Just ask my poor dad with his knee blown out. Ha!