Friday, December 29, 2006

One week ago Today + 1

So one week ago and one day we became a four person family. The house seems smaller, Kaitlyn seems bigger and babies sleep too much. Leslie doesn't sleep enough.

It must be hard for girls, you have to be awake to feed the baby everytime. You have about two hours to prepare for the next feeding and then you have all the uncomfortableness that goes with recently having a baby.

Amazing. I guess that's why God chose women to have kids because men would outsource it or pay someone else to do it and better.

Cora is great. She is a wonderful baby because you know exactly what she wants at all times. if she cries, she's hungry. Other than that she's quiet. We hear her make messes in her diaper and with all the soft and fluffy blankets, clothes and whatever, she has to be comfortable.

Kaitlyn has been good for the past week. Not too jealous and still helpful. She is off to Ft. Worth for a couple of days to hang out with family. I miss her greatly. With Leslie taking care of the baby, my mom helping Leslie and Kaitlyn not there to play with I look for other forms of entertainment. Last night I beat my Mom in 11-card gin twice, she beat 3 times in 7-card gin. I watched Sweet Home Alabama yesterday with Lesle and my Mom. Some early foreshadowing into my life in 10 years.

All in all this has been wonderful. Our wonderful friends from church have brought us food (thanks Holly, Hannah and Eric, Wendy and Mandy today). We have been eating like kings and "now its time for a breakdown": (i loved that part in the song from Never Gonna Get it)

Hannah made a chocolate cheescake for us on Wednesday that was awesome. How can I be a judge of what is awesome and what is not as far as cheesecake goes, I'll tell ya. My Dad loves cheesecake and he would always have it for his birthday. I have NEVER liked cheesecake so I would always miss out. Not to be rude on Wednesday (even though she was not there) I had a piece. I was wonderful. Here's the kicker, Hannah doesn't like cheesecake either.

Ok, back to my family. Leslie is the toughest girl I know, she could be the toughest person I know. Cora and her have already created a special bond and there is nothing more beautiful that looking at your wife holding your child while SportsCenter is on.

More updates to come and good news, we were given a laptop for Christmas and Leslie will be online shortly so I will be cutting back on the posts. Lucky for you.


****Because you read all of this I will show you a picture of Leslie 5 secs after giving birth to Cora. ****

Somethings to point out in this picture:
1. Her wedding rings are on, not the case last time
2. The most amazing nurse Caroline is in the background. She was fantastic and cool to talk to. Leslie and I did not like moving out of labor and delivery and her not being able to come with us.
3. Leslie's smiling, always a pretty picture.




Thank God for everything today!

7 comments:

Cortni said...

Amazing! She is beautiful 5 seconds after giving birth!!

Sounds like Cora is a WONDERFUL baby! I can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Love the Mayo family reports by James....I am so happy that you all are doing so well!!! Leslie, you are amazing! Enjoy your sweet little family of 4. James, I love that you are embracing the fact that you will be watching girlie moves like "Sweet Home Alabama", "Beaches", and "Steel Magnolias" for the rest of your life now that you have a house full of women.

Kat said...

Don't worry James, your new best friend will be here tomorrow and you'll have lots to do with him! I can't wait for us to be real friends now. Send Leslie our love!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so sweet. Great post James! Love the "Now it's time for a breakdown" and thank you the song reminder...it will not leave my head now. HOpe you are enjoying every minute with Cora! Congratulations to you all!
Susan J

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Mayos! Ya'll are an awesome family!

hollyfouts said...

Congrats! And I am very impressed that she is wearing wedding rings. I can't wear mine if I eat a salty meal, much less while pregnant or having a baby. We are so happy for your new family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I am impressed w/ the 5 second after birth picture!