Friday, January 25, 2008

Our Little Squeaker


Since day one, we have nicknamed Claire "Squeaker." She just always squeaks. She squeaks when she is awake and when she is sleeping. Her breathing even sounds squeaky sometimes.

Yesterday we took Claire to her 2 week doctor's appointment. She weighed 9 pounds and was 22 1/2 inches long. So, she has grown a pound and a half and an inch and a half since she was born.
The strange thing was, after he listened to her heart (for a really long time), he said, "Well, she has a little SQUEAK in her heart." He didn't seem too overly concerned about it right now, but if it is still there at her 2 month appointment, we will have to take her to a cardiologist for more tests.

So, pray with us that next time we go to the doctor, the only squeaks he will hear will be from her sweet little mouth!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire is so adorable! Question-why do all Texas girls wear the biggest bows ever? :))
love you
Mere

Lori said...

I found you through Sarah. Claire is soooo cute. You will have to tell me how Cora is doing with her. I am so worried about how Faith will do with my little one coming. I'll need advice on how you survive with 2 babies.

Julie said...

me+me=worst friend ever

I will call soon

Martha said...

I will definately be praying for her little heart. Our Claire had the same sounds at her one month checkup so I know it is a little scary. We will be praying praying praying. We know that God can make it better. Blessings, Keith and Martha

Truitt Ross said...

she's beautiful! I'll say a prayer right now. Love you, Kayci

Sarah said...

Congrats on Claire! She is precious! I can't wait to meet her and I will be praying about that squeak!

Katie said...

She is such a sweetheart!! I miss y'all...I would come over today but I'm sick, and don't want to give it to the babes!! Love you though and I'll talk to you soon!

Alyssa said...

Seriously.... she is just adorable! I hope her little "queak" goes away. Both Lauren and Camryn had little "red flags" concerning their hearts..and they both are perfectly healthy now. I hope the same for sweet Claire :)

Shanta said...

Leslie- she is absolutely gorgeous! We have a "squeaker" too! It's really entertaining-especially to our dogs.
Congratulations again!

Ashley said...

She is so precious!