Monday, March 24, 2008

Hippity Hoppity....

We had fun celebrating Easter in Lubbock with my parents this year. Me and the girls began our holiday on Wednesday and James came down and joined us Friday after work. Here is a rundown of our days there...


Wednesday:

I successfully made it to Lubbock by myself with the girls - without stopping once!! Granted, it's only 2 1/2 hours, but I was pretty excited about it. When we got there Kaitlyn wanted to go straight to the park to play and feed the ducks, so off we went. Later that night when Pappy got home, he built a fire outside and Kaitlyn roasted marshmallows.


Thursday:

Mom and Dad both worked and the girls and I just hung out at the casa. My dad ended up coming back at lunch to pick up Kaitlyn. He took her with him to run a few errands in his "big work truck" and then to Walmart and Home Depot for the materials to make a sandbox. I did not think Cora would enjoy this because normally she has a complete melt down if her hands get dirty. But, I forced her to sit in it, and in about 15 minutes she was throwing sand everywhere.

That night we ordered Double Daves pizza (YUM) and put the girls to bed. My parents and I got comfy on the couches and watched "Into the Wild." Has anyone seen this? It was VERY good - I highly recommend it.

Friday:

Hung out around the house that morning, then went to lunch at one of my favorite places - McAlisters. Cora ate an entire bowl of Mac and Cheese which completely shocked me because she never eats anything. After lunch we went to Putt-Putt. Not a very stroller friendly place. We had to carry Cora and Claire in the carrier from each hole. It was quite a sight, but we all had fun. The girls took naps while my mom and I went shopping for white sweaters for the girls (not an easy thing for us to find). It was supposed to be really cold and rainy on Sunday, and I was not prepared! I'm glad we found them though, because it turned out to be FREEZING. James made it in Friday night in time for us to cook out hamburgers.


Saturday:

James and Kaitlyn got up and went fishing. Kaitlyn caught her first fish!! She was so excited about catching her first "porch." (Perch). They literally fished for over 3 hours. I love that she loves to do that with her Daddy. Mom and I did some more shopping. That afternoon my parents took Kaitlyn to see a movie about monkeys at the Omni. She loved it, of course. One part that she really liked was when they were talking about baby twin monkeys. Usually if twin monkeys are born, one - or both won't survive. But this pair had an older sibling that was 4 or 5 years old that helped take care of it, and they both survived. I thought that was pretty cool.


My parents best friends came over - they were test driving a new "slug bug." It was even a convertible. Kaitlyn was so excited to see one up close and not just as we're driving down the street. Randy even took her on a ride around the block.

We attempted to take the girls to have their picture made in their Easter dresses. They all looked so cute. Kaitlyn even let me curl her hair. Everyone was in good moods...until we got into the studio. Cora had a complete meltdown every time we tried to set her down for a picture. I think the photographer kind of freaked her out because she was wearing glasses. She's not a fan of glasses. We were able to get 4 pictures - one of which we ordered. It turned out better than I thought it would.


Dinner from Rosas, more marshmallows roasted, dyed Easter eggs, ironed clothes for church, set out the Easter bunny stuff, and off to bed...


Sunday:

Like I said, freezing cold and raining. Kaitlyn was excited to see her basket full of treats. Cora enjoyed playing with the plastic eggs. We got all ready for church at 8:15 that morning. We even had a few minutes to spare to snap a couple pictures. The girls did great during church. Cora slept through most of it, Kaitlyn colored, and Claire just looked around at everyone. It was good to see a few familiar faces there that I hadn't seen in awhile.


Ate a DELICIOUS lunch made by my mom, and had an indoor Easter egg hunt. I numbered all of the plastic eggs 1-20 so Kaitlyn could line them up and put them all in order - just to make sure she found them all. We enjoyed as lazy of an afternoon as we could with 3 kids around. It started to clear up a little bit, so my dad took Kaitlyn and they hit golf balls around the park for awhile.


We packed up and headed home around 4:30 or so. We had a very fun weekend!!

These pictures are not in order.. I didn't have time to do that.

indoor easter egg hunt.....




before church sunday morning....


these two are also from sunday morning, but this is what most of our pictures from the studio looked like on saturday




dyeing easter eggs...



catching her first fish. please excuse her hair.


the "slug bug"....

playing putt-putt...


cora enjoying time on the hammock with pappy...


sandbox.....

putt-putt again...
sandbox.... (i love taking pictures from the back for some reason)




Some of you may remember our silly picture from Easter last year...


here we go again...


Hope you had a good one!!


PS... A big high five to whoever can come up with the best caption for this picture:


12 comments:

Shanta said...

"The waitress' outfit is SO last season..."

Katie said...

GREAT post!! I love your babies, they are so precious in their easter dresses!! Kaitlyn is gorgeous, like her mama, doi! Y'alls family picture is awesome! I'm coming over in 30 minutes to watch The Bachelor--woohoo! love you!

Anonymous said...

Caption: "Dang! Daddy, that stinks!"
Love those beautiful Mayo girls!

James M. said...

Not funny Ann.

I think it says "I find your entire comment to be shallow and pedantic."

leslie said...

"pedantic?" what the heck does that mean?

Kelly Litton said...

Leslie, I can't believe you have 3 girls!!! They are so precious!!! I love having 2 sisters! I am so impressed that you were even able to get them all three dressed and ready to have pictures taken...I feel like my hands are full with just one! Hope you all are doing well!

Julie said...

"I'm a little lightheaded comin down from my sugar high!!!"

"I should've passed on the 8th Chocolate bunny!!!"

Wow you have three girls. Love all four of ya.

Nicole said...

I love the crazy Easter pictures!! You look good no matter what you do!! I haven't seen Into the Wild, but I am actually listening to the soundtrack right now. It is AMAZING and one of my favorites. I heard the movie is sad and I just DON'T do sad movies.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have 3 girls, they are all beautiful. Sounds like you had a great weekend in Lbk. I always love going back, especially since there are two kids to spoil. Maybe we will see each other there some time.

annalee said...

love pics of your 3 precious girls.
and i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who thinks those teeny hospital gowns are precious. as for the light-up toy, you are never going to believe this... wal-mart!

Jennifer K said...

I am bummed that we missed you!! Next time! At least the weather is getting better and we can met at a playground and let the girls run wild!Let look so cute in their dresses.

Ashley said...

Your girls are beautiful! They are growing up so fast!