Thursday, February 02, 2006

Adventures in Babysitting, and Question of the Day

Last night we had the pleasure of hanging out with Kaylee and Campbell while Cary and Erica went out for Ericas birthday. We had a really fun time. Kaitlyn and Kaylee played so well together - I only had to get on to them one time for laughing and yelling so loud! I know that Kaitlyn plays with other kids all day long, but I rarely get to see her, and the way she "plays." They played with dress up clothes, played catch, played in Kaylee's bed and pretended they were asleep, played the piano, made "special things" in Kaylees kitchen.... they never got bored.

Campbell is about the cutest thing ever too. Other than the 10 minutes she cried - she was SO happy. She really liked James, she smiled at him the most. Kaylee was so sweet with Campbell all night, but especially when she started crying. It took Kaylee 1.6 seconds to run to her sister and try to comfort her. So sweet. Kaitlyn got super jealous when I was rocking Campbell, but she got over it pretty quick.

Here are a few pictures from our fun night:























I know it's Thursday - so it's time for the question of the week. I'll make this a two part question I guess. Since babysitting is fresh on my mind - what is the craziest/funniest/scariest thing that has happened to you while babysitting? (I'll post my answer in a comment)

I am also inspired by Alyssa's blog today. So, if you don't have a good babysitting story, what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Have a good Thursday!

9 comments:

Shanta said...

Yeah I'm first! I LOVE the pictures of the girls. Especially the one where they are sleeping. Man, I used to fool my parents ALL THE TIME with that one.. even in the car-so that I would get carried in.

Babysitting memory....hmmm, there was one time when one of my best friends was babysitting the night after we had seen a really scary movie like the Changeling or something and so I called her at the house and just breathed really hard in the phone and whispered her name. She almost NEVER forgave me for that b/c I guess I am a really believable creepy-stalker type.

Erica said...

Thanks again for babysitting! We cannot wait to return the favor next week:) The pictures are precious. Our cheesy girls! Kaylee had such a great time playing with Kaitlyn. Hope ya'll ahve a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Such adorable girls they all are!

I babysat tons in middle/high school and have had some very psycho/weird babysitting stories that I probably should not go into too much detail.....

My most embarassing moment would have to be falling on my face on stage while performing at a national show choir competition in Chicago. I went to do a dance move/jump over a guy as he rolled under me, but my foot caught him and I landed spralled across the floor......I was in tears afterwards, but my parents ensured me that no one noticed- yeah right.

swatterson said...

Cute! Looks like Kaitlyn has some fun friends.

Babysitting: I was in Jr. High and babysat a little girl from church. I was making some toast in the toaster and I don't know how it happened but the toast caught on fire. There were even some smoke stains on the ceiling. What I should have done was pour baking soda or something on it but instead I poured some water on it. Luckily we were all OK and not electrocuted! We put the toaster to rest.

leslie said...

OK - here is my embarrassing babysitting story: I thought I would do the parents a favor and wash the dishes for them. Because I had never loaded the diswasher before *enter joke here*, I had no idea that you had to use a certain soap. So, I just poured a ton of Dawn in there and went on my merry way. Gave the kids a bath and came back to a very flooded, bubble covered kitchen floor.

Alyssa said...

Babysitting stories- her are my top two..
1) I was attacked my one couple Parakeet and finally had to catch it using oven mitts- but only after it got caught in my hair.

2) I took two little kids to the mall. One kid got my keys out of my purse and hid them in the other kids' diaper! I looked all over the mall.. was totally freaking out.. and finally found them- when i had to change the diaper!

Anonymous said...

Welll, this one time I was babysitting a 9 Month old,and she fell asleep when I was rocking her, and then I smelled something and thought "oh I should change her diaper"...Then I looked down and I was covered with explosive baby diarrhea. Sick. I am so over that baby. J/k. I babysat her a bunch more and every single time her mom made some dumb comment about how her baby pooped all over me.
Sorry that story was so lame, but I haven't had kids or anything yet for that to not be the sickest thing ever.

courtney said...

In high school, I was babysitting our youth minister's three kids. They were very young at the time and had just gotten a pet bunny. Two of them were arguing over who's turn it was to hold the bunny. They were both tugging on it (in opposite directions) and basically SCALPED the bunny. The little boy was standing there screaming and holding this poor bunny's pelt. We were all screaming and panicking. I threw the bunny and kids in the car and raced to the vet. The vet was able to "save" the bunny, but the bunny they paid about $20 to buy ending up costing them about$500 to save. Turned out to be a very costly pet!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I just really think your daughter is one of the cutest kids that I have ever seen in my entire life. i mean, how is it possible that a freaking 2 year old is that outgoing and freaking takes pictures better than some 25 year olds!! Precccciousssss!