Monday, February 20, 2006

Sing Song and Curious George

I hate the feeling I have after I haven't blogged in a long time. I feel that there is so much to write about, but I can't think of anything good to say. I'm sure Kaitlyn has said hilarious things that I have already forgotten. She keeps us laughing, that's for sure.

This weekend was Sing Song, so ALL of my family was in town. It was a lot of fun to see everyone. Kaitlyn enjoys seeing her cousins. (Really they are her second cousins, but closer to her age than my age)
Friday night we hung out with my parents, brother, my aunt and my grandmother. My cousin Brenna is a Siggie (they were Penguins this year), so she came over after the Friday night show. Kaitlyn wasn't too sure about the paint she had on her face!

Saturday it was FREEZING cold, so we just made chicken tortilla and potato bacon soup for everyone for lunch. It was soo good. We had a little birthday celebration for Brenna with a Double Chocolate Decadence cake from McKays. YUMMMMM.


We went to the afternoon show of Sing Song. It was a lot of fun to watch, but it lasted for forever. Like 3 1/2 hours. I have to give a shout out to Siggies though, for being the cutest little penguins ever. They did the whole show on their knees. Costumes were so cute - they even had a slide that a few little penguins slid down. It was real funny. They ended up winning on Saturday night. But not with out some drama. They announced that Gata got 3rd, Kojies 2nd, and Alpha Kai 1st. WHAT? So, Alpha Kai celebrated, and some people had already left the coliseum. They then called everyone back in and said there had been a huge miscalculation and Siggies had in fact won. Insane.

Saturday evening I got to go see my two roomies Sara and Sara and their sweet baby boys. I wish I could have spent more time with them!

Sunday Zoe was at Highland. Awesome. Mike was in full effect, our class was overflowing with people... it was a great Sunday.
That afternoon, mom and I went shopping and got Kaitlyn her Easter dress, and some other clothes and shoes.

We took Kaitlyn to see Curious George after her nap - she loved it. It really was a cute show - I recommend it to all of my friends with kids! I really enjoyed the music - Jack Johnson does all of the music. He's my new favorite!!


All in all, a good but busy weekend. I'll post more pics later. Have a good Monday!

10 comments:

Kate said...

And I must add that James did a great job facilitating our part of the debate in class Sunday morning! Way to go, James!

Lauren said...

Leslie,

Don't you love Sing Song craziness?! I thought it was a wonderful weekend too. My favorite part was ZOE. Sheryl Thomas brings me to tears every time she sings! I hope the rest of your week is great.
Lauren Cunningham

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

well dadgumit our paths didn't cross!! but, i did see sara and sara and the babies. i was sad not to get to see hilarious kaitlyn. :)

Amber Smith said...

I was a little sad to have missed Sing Song this year. How sad for poor Alpha Kai that they misannounced the winners! That is unbelieveable! Wishing I could've been there!

Alyssa said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! Sing Song is always so fun... and I bet worshipping with Zoe Group would have been so powerful! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Well, I of course heard all the drama of Sing Song through my sister...such a crazy story! With such great results!! hee hee.

And, we saw Curious George too!! I LOVED it! And, the girls definitely enjoyed every minute. So, I agree--everyone should take their kids. (And, the music was by far the best part.)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recap! Sounds like the end was definitely drama filled...I'm glad you got to spend time with family and friends- that's always the best part! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

I liked the Siggie penguin slide, too. I almost forgot about it! You are right, Sing Song was really long this year. I blame the video clips of people talking. I am hoping that was just a 50th show thing. Too bad for me that the Kojies were not good at all this year! Poor girls need to get it together in order to compete with the Siggie dynasty!

Becky Martin said...

Thanks for the cute picture of the Siggies in costume. I read a little about the drama on the Optimist online but it sounds really crazy. I'm just happy that the gals finally got what they deserved - even if it took a recount!

I'm such a fan of Jack Johnson that I might check out Curious George just because of him.

swatterson said...

it was awesome to see you Leslie! Wish we could have spent more time together!