Monday, February 06, 2006

Birthday Weekend (a little early)


We had a most busy weekend. I can think of one place I would like to be right now. In my bed asleep. However, that is not an option... so here I am "working." As tired as I am - we had a blast this weekend celebrating James' birthday. (His birthday is tomorrow.)

Friday night my parents came through on their way to Ft. Worth to see my grandad again. While they were here, my dad was fortunate enough to get in on a poker game James had set up with a few friends. James "transformed" our shed into a poker room - but that is another blog for another day.

Saturday morning we enjoyed breakfast at Town Crier - a wonderful place that is becoming our Saturday morning tradition. That afternoon Kaitlyn had a birthday party to go to at Chuck E. Cheese. That place is insane on a Saturday. She had a good time playing games with her friend Boston.


Saturday night was the big surprise.... James' parents came down and surprised him for his birthday. I told him we were meeting some friends at Texas Roadhouse - and when we walked in and he saw his mom - he was soo excited. I'm glad I could pull that one off. I'm not a very good liar. So, we enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner, and Kaitlyn had fun cracking peanuts for an hour. After dinner we went back home to another surprise.. I had invited some of our friends over for desert. We had so much fun - I haven't laughed that hard in a REALLY long time. I am so very thankful for our awesome friends that we have here.


Sunday morning James' mom made breakfast pizza for us (James' favorite meal). While she was cooking, I beat James at his own game - Texas Hold 'Em. Too bad, sooooo sad. I think I will play more often - that was fun! After breakfast we went to the famous Abilene Zoo. James had fun entertaining the monkeys, and it's always fun to feed the giraffes.

After a short nap that afternoon, more friends came over to watch the Super Bowl! I ate sooo much junk food it's not even funny. We had a blast with the Woods and David and Amanda. I have to say, I kind of wanted Seattle to win - I love going for the underdog. Oh well.

What was your favorite Super Bowl commercial?

And Grays Anatomy was amazing as usual. I did NOT want it to be over. Next week looks sooooo good. I love that show!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SUCH a great pic of you and James!!! Happy birthday James!!! I was too busy chatting away at our small group Super Bowl party, so I missed all the commercials....oh well! I did catch the Hummer one and thought that was a thumbs down.....

Sara said...

You got your post up before I hounded you about it. ;)

I was so mad that we were left hanging with Grey's Anatomy. I can't wait for next week either.

hejlyeah said...

I was disappointed with the commercials this year, but there were a few okay ones. I liked the Dove one and the Ameriquest ones.

Grey's did come through for me. I was impressed. Such a cliffhanger!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your great weekend! I don't think I'll be at work b/c I'm sick. Just so you know. byeeee!

Becky Martin said...

My favorite part of the Super Bowl are always the commercials and they were okay this year. The Jessica Simpson one (before the national anthem) was terrible - way tooooo sexy for Pizza Hut!

We spent most of the game talking about what a code black was and wondering what would happen on Grey's Anatomy - great show last night!

Amber Smith said...

Leslie-
I have been trying to watch less t.v. but have become hooked on Grey's Anatomy because of your blogs. It is now going along side Smallville and Everwood as my must watch shows. Thanks for nuthin. :)

Also, I am glad to hear that you guys have adapted so quickly and made so many new friends there in Abilene. That is really a blessing!

swatterson said...

sounds like a fun weekend! James is lucky to have a wife like you!

Happy birthday James!

Shanta said...

I too am in junk food coma. I love the pictures. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend dear! I miss you!

Jennifer K said...

You are beautiful! I love the picture of you and James. GA is the best show. I can't wait for next week.

Katie said...

I loved the budweisher commercial where the baby clydesdale was trying to pull the wagon and his parents wanted him to think he could do it too, so they helped from behind. Should i be embarassed that a beer commercial almost made me cry during a football game?

Thumbs down to the hummer/robot/dinosaur and the burger king dancing tomato/lettuce commercials. Sooo not worth 2.5 mil for 30 seconds!