Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Weekend, and a little about Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn and I had a fun weekend in Lubbock with my parents. James had to stay in Abilene because he was supposed to coach a soccer game on Saturday - but it got rained out. So, it turned out that he could have come with us. But I think he enjoyed the quietness of the house, and being able to take lots of naps. I wonder what that is like?

We didn't do a whole lot in Lubbock, which I love. Everytime I go home I just feel the need to curl up with my favorite blanket in the big recliner and just chill out. I did get to enjoy my mom's spaghetti and some pineapple upside down cake. I also played golf with my dad for the first time on Saturday. It was freezing to say the least outside, so we just played 9 holes. It was really fun! I wish I could play more often so that I could maybe improve, but we had a good time. And like a little kid, I loved driving the golf cart around! Kaitlyn and my mom went to the Science Spectrum. Kaitlyn loved it. We took her there a few months ago, but I think she enjoyed it much more this time around. She got to see and do lots of neat things.

I also stayed up late with my dad (If 10:30 is late to anyone) and watched Apollo Ono win the gold medal in speed skating. That was exciting! And the relay one?! That is madness!

We got back to Abilene pretty early on Sunday, so that we could get to a banquet at church that evening. I'll blog more about this later, but James and I were asked to be huddle leaders starting this fall. We are soooo excited about it. I'll tell you more about it soon.

Here are a few things Kaitlyn is doing right now. Just wanted to record them somewhere:

* She can say the entire Lord's prayer. It's about the sweetest thing in the world to hear.

* She still loves singing the books of the New and Old Testament.

* While we sing in church, if she sees anyone with their hands raised, she raises her hands. She will leave them up for the entire song. That's always good for a few laughs from the people sitting around us!

* She is getting a lot better and saying her prayers at night and at meal times. When she prays, her voice gets really high. It's pretty cute.

* When I tuck her in, she always says, "Talk about your day and my day." I then have to tell her really slowly every detail of our day. From waking up to tucking her in. And if I leave something out, she is quick to tell me.

* She loves to play baseball with pecans in the backyard. She will throw a pecan to James and he will hit it with a plastic baseball bat. I got James really good the other day when I acted like some of the shell had flown into my eye. He was freaking out. I laughed real hard at that one.

* The girl can eat okra like nobody's business. She thinks the outside skin is like a shell, so she peels it off of each one and just eats the green part in the middle. This could keep her occupied for hours. As well as peeling peanuts.

* She, like her mommy, enjoys her music. We don't have the same taste quite yet, but she can sing along with best of "Toddler Tunes", Veggie Tales Bible Songs, and some other Praise and Worship kids CD. I love listening to her sing, "Skinny Ma Rink A Dinky Dink."

* When I wash her hair at night in the bathtub, she always cries and says, "Don't get it on my tongue!!!" Drama.

* She can put back the chocolate milk. If she sees me making it for her, she has to have 3 "bites" of it with the spoon before I put the lid on her cup. 3 bites. No more, no less.


Kaitlyn is absolutely the funniest person on the face of the earth. She is such a joy. She is very strong willed, and can throw a tantrum with the best of them, but her personality is priceless. I am so very blessed.

6 comments:

Jacinda said...

I watched Apolo too! I actually blogged about him a day or so ago! *blush*

Unknown said...

You are so good at documenting Kaitlyn! She is going to love one day reading all her little fun sayings and traits......and I love her bathtime drama, not wanting shampoo on her tongue- I don't blame her! Glad you guys got to have a fun getaway to Lubbock for the weekend!

Shanta said...

That was hysterical. You two are a funny pair. Thanks for sharing all of her stories. I love the "bites" of chocolate milk. I think I do the same thing!

Becky Martin said...

Speed skating - crazy, dangerous and totally fun to watch (while on the edge of your seat)!

Yippee for grandparents (and their babysitting abilities) it's so nice that Kaitlyn is connected to hers!

Kristen OQ said...

The Lord's Prayer -- wow I am impressed. She is such a verbal little girl.

Sounds like your weekend was nice and relaxing...going home is always so nice for that!

swatterson said...

That's my girl...I can down some okra too. :)