Monday, February 13, 2006

Highlights

This weekend:

* Enjoyed a fast food dinner with my parents on their way to Ft. Worth to visit my grandad. Mom brought us my favorite cookies, and some awesome candles. :)

* Got to help some of our good friends Lee and Stephanie fix up their house they will be moving into in April. I will need to blog about this whole thing another day. They are doing an amazing ministry here in Abilene.

* Went to a Valentines Dinner/fundraiser to help support some Marriage and Family Therapy students go to Zambia. It was so fun. We went with really fun friends, had a yummy dinner, and James even bid on a gift card to an awesome spa here - and won!! Yay! Massage and facial, here I come....

* Church was great, as usual. I'm mostly excited about next week when Zoe will be at Highland!
* Ate lunch with friends from church, and got to meet a new family that just moved to Abilene from Austin. They have a little girl about Kaitlyn's age that I'm sure she will play with soon.

* Enjoyed playing Texas Hold'em with James. This is my new favorite game. I'm highly considering quitting my job and joining the World Poker Tour. Good idea?

* Watched Grey's Anatomy and totally freaked out. My favorite show BY FAR. Love it sooo much.

*Also watched the Olympics for like 3 hours. I got teary eyed over Michelle Kwan dropping out. I have no control over my emotions. Also, I love the red-headed snow boarder. He was fun to watch. And I was really sad that Apollo Ono fell and didn't advance to the finals. I love the Olympics!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

8 comments:

swatterson said...

Yes, you should join the World Poker Tour! I'd like to see that! We should play when we're there this weekend! I have to warn you I'm good! (Not really I'm all talk.)

Sam said...

Emille and I were discussing the Olympics last night. They were so much better when they were every four years.

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with your Texas Hold'em skills, since I can't even remember what a flush is when I attempt to play poker. Also, I expect you to give a play-by-play of the sing song shows and festivities, so take notes!

Alyssa said...

I am so jealous! I would love to hear Zoe Group in person at a worship service- how awesome!

Kristen OQ said...

Dude...Grey's Anatomy...I cannot express in words how awesome it has been the past couple of weeks!! I can't watch it enough and it feels like forever between Sundays.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. For some reason, I haven't been in to the Olympics this year. Hard to believe, but I have yet to watch one thing!

hejlyeah said...

Um, Luke and I SUCK at poker, but we'll play. ZOE and Sing Song or DIE! Okay, I'm not that big of a loser, but it will be fun!

Honestly, not a fan of Grey's, but I LOVE Sunday's episode.

Amber Smith said...

You sound like you guys have been busy. How wonderful that James won a spa package! I'm so jealous! And Grey's Anatomy is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Becky Martin said...

So I totally agree about the red-headed snowboarder, Shaun White. He's my new crush, love him! I totally taped the Olympics while Grey's was on and lucked out that the snowboarding finals came just at the right commercial breaks so I didn't even have to watch the tape - how great to watch two great things at the same time.