Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Events from the weekend...

So.. this past weekend was lots of fun! Friday night my cousin Nathan came into town and we watched the Maverick game together with my other cousin Brenna that goes to school here. She is the most intense Mavs fan you will ever meet. We had fun watching the game - hanging out with both of them is hilarious. I laughed a LOT. And the Mavericks won - so everyone was happy.

Rise and Shine EARLY Saturday morning for the 5K run downtown. It was windy and cold, but we did it! It was really fun, I'm excited about doing more of those. One funny story about that: about 1.5 miles into it we saw a bucket full of ice with lots of bottles of Gatorade. We thought it was our drink stop, so we grabbed one out. Well, turns out it was some construction workers refreshments. They were working on one of the buildings downtown. Oops!

Here is a picture of some of the "Moms on the Move" girls that I wrote about a long time ago: (the little girl on the far left is 10 years old. she is a daughter of one of the moms. she finished in like 20 minutes. whatever.)















Saturday afternoon I got a surprise phone call from one of my friends from college that I had not seen since we graduated 5 years ago! Amanda was in town from Virginia with her two sweet girls visiting her grandparents. So, we decided to meet up downtown for all of the Founders Day festivities. It was so good seeing her, and letting Kaitlyn and Aiden play together.


They had so much fun going down the huge inflatable slide, playing in the jump house, eating a $5 funnel cake, watching a barbershop quartet sing (they were amazed by this), riding the train, and doing some little games they had set up. It was a fun afternoon! We were wiped out when we got home. We just got fast food for dinner, gave Kaitlyn a bath and just hung out before hitting the sack.

Sunday morning Kaitlyn got to wear her Easter dress to church. We won't be at Highland this Sunday, so she can wear it two weeks in a row. She looked SO cute, but was embarrassed for some reason, for me to take her picture. She refused to look at the camera.


Sunday afternoon we helped Lee and Stephanie with their house. James helped paint the outside of the house they are moving into, and I helped Steph pack up her dishes. Kaitlyn and Sophia enjoyed playing together. I'm going to have to get some before and after pics from Stephanie to post. It's amazing the work they have done! It's been neat to see it change from week to week. I'm so excited for them to get moved in and start this amazing ministry!

Have a good week! I'm going to get my hair chopped off during lunch. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You Moms on the Move rock! Way to go!!!!!!!!! Kaitlyn and Aidyn are adorable- it blows my mind how big they are.....and what if they end up at ACU together? Cuteness.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh my! she is the cutest kid on the planet. I'm running in a 5K in 3 weeks...it's in a nudist colony in decatur. it really says clothing optional. hilarious...me and about 10 other GIRLS are running...but not naked don't you worry.

leslie said...

Molly - PLEASE tell me you are joking. If you are not joking, there better be a post after you run that one!

hollyfouts said...

I love pictures of little girls all dressed up and pouting! Something about that just really sums up a little girl. (Well, at least MY little girl.)

hejlyeah said...

Those pics are great! How precious is that dress!? Molly - I seriously wanna hear about that one too!

Becky Martin said...

I am such not a runner but I'm so proud of all of you that are - snaps for you! I love the shirts. Ahh, founders day - love small town Texas!

Shanta said...

Aw... I love the picture where she is shy. You guys are so precious Leslie. Congrats on all the wonderful things going on! I want to see a pic of the gorgeous new hair!

Unknown said...

I thought about going to the Founder's Day festivities but obviously did not. I am so glad that you got to see Amanda! I got some very cute video of Jackson and Delaney playing together at Amanda's grandparents house. Her kids are precious!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

no, I am not joking. :) look it up! google it! :) Decatur Nudist Colony! hahahaha

Hollie Reese said...

You have inspired me to try out our Founder's Day.

How is the hair?

Kristen OQ said...

I LOVE that Easter dress -- she is going to look so cute on Sunday with her basket!

Amanda said...

It was so much fun seeing you and Aidyn has talked about "Kayalyn" several times since Saturday. Kaitlyn looks precious in her Easter dress!