Monday, April 10, 2006

What's the matter with me?!

I'll write about our weekend this afternoon or tomorrow when I get my pictures downloaded, but here are the 3 dumbest things I did:

1. I was late to James' soccer game on Saturday, so poor Erica had to watch Kaitlyn for me until I got there. I whipped into my parking spot and saw Kaitlyn and Erica coming out of the bathroom. I got out of the car, picked her up and headed over to the fields. When I got back to the car about 45 minutes later, I realized that I had left the keys in the ignition, the car unlocked, and THE CAR WAS RUNNING. Nice Leslie.

2. When I sat down in the car - still in disbelief - my rear got completly soaking wet. I then realized that I had put my bottle of water down in my seat - without the lid on. What? Am I on drugs?

3. This morning I was running a little bit late for work, but I really wanted some cinnamon toast to go. So, I fixed it and ran out the door. I got in the car and took a big bite - only to gag on it. I had put chili powder on it instead of cinnamon.

Happy Monday!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowzers- happy Monday! You are hilarious......I have so been there!!!!

Erica said...

I did not even notice that the car was still on so where is my head? I never mind watching Kaitlyn because she is such a sweet girl and makes me laugh. Especially the conversation we had when I took her to the bathroom. Funny girl!!

Sorry about the toast...it is so disappointing when you are craving something and it turns out to not be so great. Hope the rest of your day is better.

Hollie Reese said...

Are you pregnant? Sounds like a case of "baby brain"

leslie said...

Definetly a NO on that one. I wish! :)
I'm just THAT dumb sometimes.

Jacinda said...

Those are hilarious!

Shanta said...

That's pretty good! Yesterday, I took an armful of magazines to our recycle bin in the garage, but ended up standing with them in the bathroom instead. I was like, "how did I get in here?"

hollyfouts said...

I have been there so many times! I think getting older and having kids has made me totally scatter brained.

Becky Martin said...

I can't tell you how many times I'm walking away from my car and thinking to myself...did I lock the car? It's so automatic to close the door and lock it but I'm always sure that it's unlocked!

My stupid moments lately have been while driving. I've just been over/under-estimating when I can turn or when a light will change, good thing there hasn't been an accident!

lhall said...

oh wow. just thought i'd let you know that this post made me laugh out loud in my office several times...and so i read it to my co-workers ;) hope you don't mind.

Kristen OQ said...

You made me laugh out loud while I was reading this!

hejlyeah said...

You're funny girl! I do stuff like that all of the time. It's mommy brain.

swatterson said...

Wow! LOL! Sounds like you got off to a good start to the week! (PS I've left the car running accidentally before too. haha)

Candy said...

Hysterical! You crack me up! I left mine running one time with the keys locked inside. I was dropping Max off at Young Children's World. I think it is mommy brain. The good news is that it's gotta get better!