Monday, May 08, 2006

Rain, rain, go away!!

On our way to Lubbock this weekend, Kaitlyn and I encountered the worst storm ever. I don't know if it really was the worst storm I have been in, but when you are in your car in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE - it's kind of scary!! I could tell it was about to get bad. The sky just went green, then pitch black. The wind was SO bad ( I later heard like 70 mph), and the rain was heavy. I could not even control my car. So, I pulled over to the shoulder to "wait it out." Really I was just going to wait until the car in front of me decided it was okay to go - then I followed him. While we were pulled over, I really thought my car was going to flip over. I swear I felt the wheels lift up. I crawled in the back seat with Kaitlyn and watched Cinderella for a few minutes! Kaitlyn could tell I was a little scared, so I just said - lets say a prayer for God to keep us safe in the storm. So I said a prayer and then Kaitlyn said, "And Dear God, don't let the tornado get us like Dorothy." So funny that girl!

We finally made it out - safely! I'm not one to get scared of weather, I mean - I grew up in Texas. But it's so different when you are in your car, no radio, cell phone doesn't work that great, James wasn't there.... everything was magnified!

The rest of our weekend was good. I didn't feel too good on Saturday, so it was nice to let my parents handle Kaitlyn for awhile while I laid on the couch until 1:00 in the afternoon! Thanks Mom!

We got to go to a birthday party on Sunday out at this awesome ranch a few miles outside of Lubbock. (I'll post pictures when my dad sends me some - still w/o a camera) Kaitlyn LOVED riding on a big horse, petting the goats, going on a hay ride, and getting to hold a baby bunny and a baby chick. It was a really neat place for a birthday party and a great way to end our weekend!

Kaitlyn and I then came home to a clean house courtesy of James, and that's ALWAYS a good feeling.

Now it's Monday - again. They just come around too fast. I'm ready to go home and watch Grey's Anatomy from last night and catch up on my Oprah's and Ellen's.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like an exciting time on the way to Lubbock. Glad the prayer worked and you both got there safely. Kaitlyn is so cute remembering about Dorothy. That girl!

MereMoore said...

yikesers!! i hate being in the car when a bad storm hits! ScArY!! oh and I LOVE YOUR SHORT HAIR!!! too cute-maybe it's been that way for some time now but i just saw those pics! too cute!

Candy said...

I read Max your story and he died laughing at Kaitlyn's comment about Dorothy! What a cutie pie! I'm glad you two were okay. That'll be a memory.

Kristen OQ said...

That sounds like it was so scary, Leslie! Glad that you and Kaitlyn made it safely to your parent's house.

Amy said...

Charlie's crying because you didn't come see him!

Hollie Reese said...

Be ready to cry! I never watch Grey's Anatomy and decided to give it a try this past Sunday. I was crying like a baby!!!