Monday, May 22, 2006

Random Happenings...

Since I haven't been good at giving consistent updates, here are just a few things we have been up to lately:

James and I got to go on a date last Monday (Thanks Erica!). We went to see David Copperfield. We were, sad to say, less than impressed. I was so excited about this! I used to love watching him on TV, and my parents had raved about a show of his that they had seen. There were only 2 things that he did that I was amazed by. But the worst part about it was the content of the show! There were TONS of children/young families in the audience (which I was a bit surprised by, but whatever). He had a sexual, crude comment for everything it seemed like - and his language was less than appropriate for an audience largely populated with children. I felt so uncomfortable, embarrassed - and glad we didn't have Kaitlyn with us! However, we did enjoy the night out and an awesome dinner at Abuelos afterwards.

School's out for the summer! ACU students finished up last week. Campus is so quiet - which means no more speedy drivers down our street, not as much traffic in the lunch hour, and much quieter - longer work days. I miss all of the student workers up here though! They make me laugh so much.

TV - I'm sad that it's May and all the good shows are about to be over. I'm holding out that the Mavs will pull out a win tonight, so that I can have another series to look forward to.

I read a book! In only 3 days! It's called Something Borrowed and it's totally scandalous. But it came recommended by a good friend, so I thought I would try it out. It was so fun to slip away into another life for awhile. After talking with Sara, the friend who recommended it, we agreed that we live such sheltered lives - it's interesting to get a glimpse into a lifestyle that we are not accustomed too. And then we can just pray for the people that really live their lives like that! :)
But, it's a fun summer read if you're interested!

This weekend Kaitlyn and I went to San Angelo for my brother's best friends wedding. It was an outside wedding - and one of the prettiest I've been too. It was very pink - but so nice. We enjoyed checking in early and checking out late of our hotel. It was so hot and we spent lots of time by the pool. We got Kaitlyn some floaties and some goggles (or gobbles as she calls them). She LOVED swimming. At first she didn't trust the arm floaties too much, but she got used to them pretty fast. Before too long, my dad was throwing her into the pool and she was swimming to the side by herself! She loved it - and I'm so mad because she is going to tan her whole life while her fair skinned mama burns like crazy. She is getting a few freckles on her face. I am NOT a fan of my freckles, but hers are the cutest things I have ever seen.

James has taught Kaitlyn to "Shake what your Mama gave you." He will whisper this in her ear, and then she proceeds to do this hilarious dance that can not be put into words. But she kind of does her arms like you would do in the chicken dance, while shaking her bottom all around, while squatting down and standing up.... Hilarious. Even more hilarious when she does it in her floaties and gobbles.

So - that's a quick update. Hope everyone is doing well!!

6 comments:

erinlo said...

Leslie- Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. You encouraged me so much and I appreciate you!

I'm sorry and sad to hear about David Copperfield. I used to love him growing up also.

Erica said...

I was glad to keep Kaitlyn:) She is such a sweetheart and so funny too. Kaylee and I would love to have her over anytime.

Glad you got to get away amd swim a little. How fun!!

swatterson said...

Man, I'd love to see the "shake what your Mama gave you" dance! haha!

hollyfouts said...

There is nothing cuter than a freckle faced kid in the summer! Avery & Miller are starting to get a couple (less than 5 each) but I agree with you....they are just the cutest things ever!

Unknown said...

Ok, I think you need to get Kaitlyn doing her mama dance on video and post it to your blog! Since 24 and AI are ending, I'm going to read all summer, so let me know the author to the book you just read! Sometimes it's good to do some mindless reading.....

Shanta said...

I love your freckles!