Monday, May 01, 2006

Another weekend comes and goes...

I am missing my camera. Ours broke the weekend before Easter. We need to get another one fast!!

Friday: Watched the finale of Cheerleader Nation. That's right. Go Dunbar! They won Nationals, and Megan hit her full. I'm so proud of those girls.

James went to Dallas for the night to see some college buddies that were in town. Kaitlyn and I just hung out and enjoyed the nice thunderstorm that we had. This was the first time she has been afraid of thunder - but I did my best to explain to her what it was, gave her a flashlight to hold, and she was fine!

Saturday: Kaitlyn woke me up at about 6:45 saying she wanted McDonald's for breakfast. So, we got in the car in our pajamas and hit the drive thru. She loves eggs and sausage. We snuggled on the couch and watched Sat. morning cartoons. Well, she did. I fell back asleep for a little while. After a while we played in her room with her dollhouse, played her fishing game, played dress up, played basketball, did some puzzles, and worked in her sticker book. I LOVE the weekends when I can spend so much time with her.

James came home Saturday afternoon and took her to the zoo - it was "free day." The monkeys and the giraffes are her favorite.

Watched the Mavericks win Game 3. Why is Dirk not MVP? He is amazing. I love the Mavs.

We just hung out the rest of the evening. It was a plain, jane, stay at home day. My favorite.

Sunday: Church and then to the park for a picnic with some friends. It was beautiful weather outside yesterday. The kids enjoyed playing out there. We stayed for like 2 hours. We all got a little sunburned!

I finished painting my kitchen table. Mom and I started this last weekend, and I am just now getting around to finishing it. It's looking okay - I'm trying to distress it. We'll see how it turns out. I need Meredith Moore to come help me with my project!!!

We met with our small group last night for the first time in over a month. We've all been busy traveling it seems like. It was good to be back together and catch up with each other.

And here it is Monday again.

Monday's are hard. I'm not gonna lie. Try to make it a good one!

8 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. We had a laid back time too. As soon as I find my picnic basket we are going to head to the park for some fun too.

hejlyeah said...

I love hearing about your weekends! Can't wait to see you soon ... :)

Unknown said...

Monday's ARE hard.......I just realized I had a pen sitting in my lap for 10 minutes, so I now have a huge blue ink spot soaked into my pants......lovely. I love that you guys hopped in the car in your pj's and headed to McD's for breakfast- that rocks!

MereMoore said...

uhh HELLO?!? i would LOVE to come help you with that project!! you know how much i love to act like i know how to refinish furniture!! haha! i miss you!!
your weekend sounded Perfect!

Katie said...

the weekends go by so fast! I'm about to refinish a kitchen table myself! any tips?

here's my new site: www.allpackedandreadytogo.blogspot.com

Amber Smith said...

What a great weekend. I love those days when I get to just play with the kids. Very fun. Whenever you get a camera, be sure to post some pics of that table!

Cortni said...

Okay...I watched Cheerleader Nation too! I never knew there were others like me :) Adam laughed at me every time I sat down to watch...but it reminded me of my cheer coaching days and competitions.

I am glad you got to have a restful Saturday! I love those days too!

Anonymous said...

Charles and I went to game 3. So boo yeah. It was awesome. Give Ryan's older woman a kiss for us.