Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Day in the Life.....

This post may be totally boring, but I wanted to record what one day looks like at our house. Unfortunately, yesterday started WAY too early...

4:30AM - Cora wakes up starving
4:45 AM - Kaitlyn decides to join us
5:10 - Get back in bed, but I can't go back to sleep, so I head to the gym
5:45-6:45 - Body Pump
6:45- 7:15 - ran on the treadmill. Almost died.
7:30 - home to find Kaitlyn has not been back to sleep since 4:45. Should make for an interesting morning.
8:00 - James leaves for work - 12 pounds lighter. Whatever. Why do guys lose weight so much faster than girls? I read a few blogs while eating my Kashi cereal.
8:30 - Cora wakes up starving again. Kaitlyn watches TV for an hour until I make her turn it off.
9:30 - Send Kaitlyn to bed to take a nap. If she's been up since 4:45 it feels like the afternoon to her right?
9:45-10:45 - I thought I could take a nap, but Cora decided to be wide awake and talkative, so I hung out with her.
11:00 - Kaitlyn finally falls asleep (She had been up playing until now)
11:00-11:30 - I lay on the couch with Cora and try to sleep - didn't happen.
11:30 - Feed Cora. Again. This child eats too much.
12:00 - James comes home for lunch and Kaitlyn wakes up. Man - that sure was a long nap.
12-1:00 - Get everyone fed for lunch
1:15-3:00 - Take girls fora walk around campus, followed by a trip to Sonic for a drink and an ice cream cone for Kaitlyn
3:00 - feed Cora - wow! She made it 3 and A HALF hours this time! Kaitlyn watches The Backyardigans
3:30 - Kaitlyns attitude gets a little out of control, so she goes to her room for awhile. I start hearing her "play the blues" on her harmonica. After laughing to myself, I go talk to her about why she is in there, etc. and let her out. Then I cleaned the living room, washed dishes, washed out bottles, swept the kitchen floor, put on a load of clothes, and straighted up our bedroom
4:45 - Leave to go pick up James for a family trip to Hobby Lobby! I had to get stuff for Kaitlyn's Valentines box. She needs it for school on Tuesday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
6:00 - Home. Get dinner ready and eat.
6:30 - Help Kaitlyn do "her homework" as she calls it. We decorate her box while James feeds Cora.
7:15 - Start the bath for Kaitlyn
7:30 - Switch with James. I take Cora who usually gets fussy about this time. He makes sure Kaitlyn is clean, dries her hair, puts PJs on her, reads, prays, goodnight...
8:15 - James and Kaitlyn are both asleep in her bed. Nice. Anyone remember that I've been up since 4:45?!?!?!?!?!?!? Just wondering.
8:45 - Start making a CD for a sweet girl in our huddle group. I love iTunes.
9:00 - Katie comes over for a quick visit so I can burn a couple of her CD's. I love Katie Hooper!
9:30 - Feed Cora her last bottle for the night.
10:45 - She finally goes to sleep and I pass out in bed.

Well, there you have it. One long day. BUT - Cora slept all night! She didn't wake up until a little after 6:00 this morning. She's getting better!!!

6 comments:

James M. said...

Sorry about falling asleep.

Candy said...

I'm exhausted just reading it!! Love the new look. btw, thanks for all you do for these teens. Max is enjoying Huddle.

Jennifer K said...

You are AMAZING! Body Pump? That early? You are my hero.

Kara said...

Reading that was anything BUT boring. Actually, it was quite terrifying. : /

annalee said...

hi leslie... i came across your blog awhile ago and enjoy reading it! congrats on another beautiful girl.

Wendy said...

Seriously, Leslie. Body Pump and the treadmill before 7:30? That's out of control impressive.