Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Top Ten List

10. I loved watching the Oscars. A lot of it was boring, but I love seeing what people wear, listening to acceptance speeches - and especially this year, Ellen. She's one of my favorites! I also loved listening to Jennifer Hudson sing, and the sound effects choir was pretty cool too.

9. Oprah's special on her Leadership Academy in South Africa. Awesome. That woman has so much money - and she does lots of good things with it. I love her too.

8. Kaitlyn and Cora. This is one of Kaitlyn's favorite things to do in the morning. She says "it's just what sisters do." Okay...

7. Dieting stinks. I miss really good food and sweets. I miss real Dr. Pepper. I miss eating late at night... but I don't miss the 9 pounds that I've lost. Only 15 more to go. Yikes.

6. Kaitlyn and I enjoyed a "summer like" day on Friday. It was so pretty and warm! She got to wear shorts and eat a popsicle outside. She was in heaven.



5. While we were outside that day, some electricians came to replace some wires in the alley behind our house. 2 of them were up there actually working. The other two decided to hang out on Kaitlyn's swing set. Both of these "manly" men started whistling the tune to The Carpenters - Close to You. I only wish I was kidding. Yes, I took their picture.

4. My parents got to come for a visit this weekend. It's always so much fun having them here. Besides the incredibly disgusting dust storm that rolled in on Saturday, we still managed to have a good time!

3. On Sunday, some good friends gave us tickets to go see Cinderella at the Paramount. The Abilene Performing Arts center was putting in on, and we had seats on the 2nd row! Kaitlyn LOVED everything about it. Except when the Prince came out into the audience to try the glass slipper on a few little girls. She was terrified of this and held on to me so tight!!

This Step-sister was her favorite character.
Leighton, Kaitlyn and Emma - such sweet friends!

2. It's official... I'm not going back to work at ACU. Though I am so sad that I won't see those fun people everyday, I know this is what's best for our family! The Lord has just worked things out for me to be able to stay home during the day. I will start teaching next fall at Young Childrens World - where Kaitlyn goes now. I also started a new job yesterday with Big Brothers Big Sisters that will allow me to work some in the evenings and some from home. I am so thankful and excited for this opportunity! I just want to really enjoy these last 2 years before Kaitlyn goes to Kindergarden.
1. I have two beautiful girls that totally crack me up every single day. Kaitlyns personality is absolutely hilarious and Cora's smile just lights up the room. I am so very blessed!!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i love where kaitlyn put her hand on that step sister... we taught her well on how to be the most awkward person she can be!

Unknown said...

How fun that you get to stay home! Boone has a cousin that works at Big Brothers Big Sisters. Her name is M.C. Jennings. She is cool, so you should get to know her if you can. She doesn't know about my blog. Actually no one in his family does, and I don't think anyone in mine does either. Is this wierd? I guess don't tell her if it ever comes up? Gossip in the family travels at lightning speed!

Sarah said...

I am so excited for you - staying home, young children's world and big brothers/big sisters! That is great. I have to also agree with you I love Kaitlyn's sense of humor - she cracks me up!

annalee said...

hi leslie! i cannot stop laughing at the picture on the couch. priceless! and i am happy for your job situation. enjoy your time with your sweet girls.

Kara said...

that is so great that you found a good work situation for your family. i am sure that you will LOVE the additional time you will be able to spend with the girls.

Hannah said...

I can't believe you actually aren't going back to ACU. That's so great for you though :) I am very excited for you. We will still have to go to lunch every now and then though...

courtney said...

How exciting that you get to stay home!....lucky! :)

And, congratulations on the 9 lbs lost!! Are you "winning"?

lhall said...

to answer courtney's question:

YES. no doubt about it, yes.

Felicia said...

I am so happy for you being able to stay home with your girls! I never thought I would want to stay home, but that has definitely changed! Camille and I stayed home together today because she has been running fever and having diahrea (sp?). Even though she was sick, it was great getting to cuddle up with her all day long. Enjoy your precious girls!

Unknown said...

That couch pic is just too cute- I love K's quote, "that's just what sister's do." YOU ROCK for losing 9 pounds- good grief woman! I guess as I load them on, you are shedding them- fun for me :(. I know you 3 girls will have so much fun at home together- that's awesome.

Becky Martin said...

I'm so happy you get to stay home with the girls! I can see how they would crack you up - you crack me up just writing about them!