Monday, April 30, 2007

2 little additions to our family

We are having twins! Haha. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure if that were the truth there would be a much different title to this blog. So, let me tell you about the REAL additions. Kaitlyn has wanted a pet SO bad for a really long time. She gets these magazines in the mail called Big Backyard - and loves looking at all of the animals in there. Her recent obsession is lizards, geckos, chameleons, etc. So, last week we told her that on Friday we would take her to the pet store to get a chameleon. Well, those cost over $100 so that was out of the picture. She got to pick out a gecko instead. She was so excited to get it home and put it in her room. James decided later that night that Tyrone (yes, that's what she named the first one) needed a friend. So, without further adieu, here are Tyrone and Pablo: The Mayos have gone multi-cultural.




Kaitlyn loves to hold them. We try to only let her take them out once per day. They are SO fast. It's only a matter of time before I write a blog about the day they are loose in our house. But, she takes good care of them. She feeds them live crickets every morning and even sprays the inside of their walls with water so they can "lick the walls if they get thirsty."

Here are a few other pictures from the past few days:













8 comments:

Kara said...

kaitlyn looks so grown up in all these pictures. becoming a big sister has made a difference in her!
love the name tyrone!

Kelli said...

Leslie,

Your family is so beautiful! I think the geckoes make a great addition! :)

Sam said...

It is always so great to see how kids can fit the backyardigans into daily life. If I had a nickel for everytime Bailey has introdcued me as Pablo. The funny thing is watching people's reaction when she introduces her one year old sister as Uniqua.

Unknown said...

I love that Kaitlyn named her kids after the Backyardigans! Jackson loves Pablo. I think it is good that you started off with a caged up pet rather than a dog or a cat. Your girls look precious!

Amy said...

Tyrone & Pablo are awesome!

Unknown said...

I have a feeling you will be having some great Tyrone & Pablo stories in the coming months....can't wait! I love that you guys support her fascinations- she may grow up to be a vet! I am so NOT an animal person that I dread the day our kids start begging for one.

MereMoore said...

LOVE it!! i had a gecko-crazy! she is so cute-whew-those mavs are stressing me out!

Kristen OQ said...

We love the Backyardigans here too! Sam has named one of his plastic dinosaurs Uniqua (sp?). I am proud of you for allowing a non-fur pet in your house...I don't think I am allowing reptiles and amphibians at the O'Quinn house!